Infertility
Options

Sperm Antibodies, PCOS, and uterus problems! sad :(

Hi all

Got some news today. I knew that I had PCOS and learned that I have a bicorneate or septated uterus that I'm having surgery on in a few weeks (hoping for the one they can fix) but now DH has sperm antibodies that are a barrier to fertilization as well. My ER says we have a 10% chance with IUI and 50% with IVF. I've done clomid and it hasn't worked so far either. Does anyone have any info or success stories? I didn't even know there were sperm antibodies. It just seems like we keep getting bad news. I try to stay positive, but it's hard when insurance doesn't cover IUI or IVF and thinking of the money that could be spent and still result in BFN or end in miscarriage b/c of my issues. I needed to vent as well. My family and DH family are supportive but I just don't think they understand our emotions or feeling entirely right now.

Re: Sperm Antibodies, PCOS, and uterus problems! sad :(

• Options
    I don't have experience in these areas, but just wanted to wish you luck on your surgery and dealing with the antibody situation. ((hugs))
  • Options

I don't have any experience, but want to say I'm sorry you are going through this. Good luck with your surgery! I hope that they are able to correct the problem.

((hugs)) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like you have a lot going on.  But after your surgery your uterus may be in the shape it needs to to sustain a pregnancy.  And if IVF is 50% chance of working then maybe save up to that and skip the IUIs.  Good luck.
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"