Pennsylvania Babies

Anyone have a PT nanny? or any other ideas/insight

I enrolled DS back in PT daycare.  It was for 2 half days.  When I asked what the hours were, I was told "in by 8:30, out by 1" and I knew the center opened at 6:45 because I've been there before. 

Well, when I picked up DS today, I got a little courtesy note that he is enrolled for half time which is 4 hours a day/max.  I was never told this and I really think I'm paying too much especially since he doesn't need to be there. We drop him off around 6:45 and I go to the gym with my husband which I love (we used to work out together all the time) and then I run errands, do some house projects, run errands for my husband's business, etc.  He gets great socialization there as well. If I drop him off at 6:45 then I have to pick him up by 10:45 which doesn't really give me time to get anything done. I normally pick him up around 12:30.    This is a great time for him because he falls asleep on the way home or goes down for his nap as soon as we get home.

I called and asked how much 2 full days are and it's $120 more/month which takes it to like 55% or so of what I was paying for full time full week daycare when he was in the infant room.  I know I'm going to be paying more for part time but it just seems like too much more.  I really don't want to go to two full days.  I love the schedule like it is so I'm hoping that they'll work something out with me and meet me in the middle.  We have the money to pay but at the same time, I'm not working so he doesn't really need to be there at all but he's into everything and won't sit in his high chair at all so I honestly can't do anything around the house when he's awake (and he's a light napper so I can't do much then either).  That leaves nights and weekends which I really love as "us" time with my husband.

So, I'd love to do a nanny share or something like that but I don't know anyone in the area with a nanny (except my one neighbor but she uses her FT and she isn't willing to take on any extra time bc of other family obligations). Any other ideas?

Re: Anyone have a PT nanny? or any other ideas/insight

• I know of someone who does in-home daycare in Mechanicsburg.  Please email me or send me a message on FB if you're interested.  I can give you details if you are.
  • I feel like nanny shares are pretty popular ideas, its just finding a family to partner with thats the hard part. Have you tried advertising on craigslist, your church (if you go), husband's employer, local coffee shop or other places you personally frequent for a family to partner with for the nanny share and then use an agency or other legit online resources to find and screen a nanny youre both comfortable with? A friend of mine found her nanny share through an advertisement at a train station (this is when I lived in Philly) which seemed like a good idea because youre likely to attract another family that lives in the neighborhood and is an upstanding professional sort. Just an idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely check craigslist and care.com. We have someone who comes just a couple of days/week for a couple of hours to help us bridge the time when we're both working and our families aren't available and it's worked out really well. I put a post on craigslist as a "just in case" and got tons of replies that weren't worthwhile, but she is AWESOME. There were also quite a few college students going for early childhood development or el ed who wanted to spend time with kids, so that might be a ood option for you, especially if your schedule is a bit flexible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"