Boston Babies
Options

South Shore Hospital

Has anyone recently delivered at South SHore Hospital? HOw was your experience?? I've heard so many good things about Brigham and Women's  Hospital however the location of SSH is so convenient for me. I have to decide soon so i can make an appointment with an OB.

Thanks in advance! 

Re: South Shore Hospital

• Options
    If March counts as recently, I did.  I also delivered my DD there 5 years ago.  Both experiences were very good, and I'd do it there again (if I planned to have more!).  I found the staff and the whole experience overall to be very good .
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I delivered there in Sept 2009. I grew up on the south shore but now live in Lowell, so I had an hour drive to the hospital. I had a great experience there. My night nurses were great as was my delivery nurse (wish i could remember her name). I'm planning on delivering there again with #2. But if #2 comes as quick or quicker than DD we might have to stop somewhere on the way. (labor with DD was 5 hours from when my water broke til she was delivered. contractions started about an hour after water broke, that's when we left for the hospital, they went to give me the epidural and there was no time, baby wasn't waiting. pushed for about 10 mins and she was here!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a c/s at SSH in Oct. 2008. I can't say enough good things about the staff and the hospital itself.  I didn't want to leave when my 5 days were up. My room was really nice and I felt very well taken care of.  All of our visitors loved all the parking and the valet service. I now live about 45 minutes away (more with traffic) but am still planning on going to SSH for LO #2.
  • Options

I plan on delivering at SSH for many reasons. 1) My OB practice delivers there. 2) It's extremely close to my house, probably 5-8 minute drive and I can get there without getting on the highway if there's traffic. That's something that makes me very nervous if I was to deliver in Boston. Traffic from the south shore into Boston can be brutal at times and I can't see myself (and especially DH) sitting in traffic while I'm in labor. 3) I have many friends that have delivered at SSH and have nothing but wonderful things to say about their experiences.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageEStar628:
    I now live about 45 minutes away (more with traffic) but am still planning on going to SSH for LO #2.

I posted above about having both my children at SSH.  This post reminds me - we moved between the two, and w/my second, I was MUCH closer to Jordan Hospital (5 minutes away) but didn't even think twice about going back to SSH!  I definitely recommend them. Smile

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

i'm also about 5 minutes away from jordan and am delivering at south shore...

my ob is affiliated with south shore and i've always heard great things about them so why not? plus, he's also affiliated with brigham & womens and there's no way in hell i'll make it all the way there...and i wouldn't want to make my husband and son drive all the way into boston to visit...

• Options
    I just had my son there in August and loved my experience at SSH.  My best friend and sister had delivered there and I got to see how great they treat you beforehand.  I grew up on the South Shore and felt very comfortable going back to the area for the big occasion :-).  I would highly recommend.
  • Options
    I had  my son there 2 1/2 years ago and a friend delivered there last week, both of us loved it there - the care was phenomenal.  I'll be delivering there next time - I had to hunt down a new OB practice just to make sure I could deliver there! Well worth it,  loved everything about it.  The nurses were fantastic, the pediatrician was great (our pedi doesn't  do rounds there so we used the pedi on staff for our son's testing and circ.), and the lactation consultants were out of this world.  Highly recommended!
    DS born 5/9/08, DD born 6/18/11
  • Options

I didn't have a good experience there.  I found the nurses abrasive and down right rude, especially the night nurses.  I hated everything about my experience there and would never deliver another baby there. 

Only one of my babies was born there because we had moved, unfortunately. Maybe that's why I hated it so much, because I had something else to compare it to.

• Options
    Our son was born at SSH on Sept 30 and I CANNOT say enough wonderful things about the care I received, not to mention the care our son got.  I found it necessary to tell each and every nurse, doctor, CNA etc that we came in contact with how happy I was with my time in their hospital.  We had the very best nurses, who actually call you by your name and truly make you feel like you are the only patient they have to tend to.  It was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it.  From labor to maternity you really won't get better care.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"