North Carolina Babies
Options

Triangle ladies - SA? (also question for anyone with SHP)

I have an RE appt next week and I imagine she'll probably tell us to do a SA for DH.  Anyone have any recommendations on where DH should go to have that done? 

If anyone is on the state health plan, do you know if your insurance covers a sperm analysis? 

Thanks!

Re: Triangle ladies - SA? (also question for anyone with SHP)

• Options

Does he need to repeat an SA, or has he not had one before?  We did ours at my REs' offices, but I think most OBs should be able to do them too.

And yes, it's covered with a co-pay. :)

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options

This will be his first one.  I didn't realize they could do it at the RE's office!  That's great!

Should DH go to my RE appt with me?  I didn't think he needed to be there, but maybe he should go?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MY insurance covered DH's SA.  He just went to LabCorp and they sent the results back through my OB and it got filed with my insurance.  So I'd ask your RE what standard procedure is. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yeah, it's basically considered blood work...as if!  In both cases he collected at home and took it in.

DH never went to my RE appts. with my first RE -- the only time he went in was to drop of his SA.  Once I got in with my 2nd RE, however, he was able to go to the first appt. and to my post-BFP u/ss.  When it came time to TTC #2 last fall, he didn't go to most appts., but I did ask him to go to one appt. (a consult in March) and also to my SHG and my hysteroscopy.  He never went for TTC u/ss, just post-BFP u/ss.

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options

My DH had to do 2 SA's. The one with the OB/GYN he just collected at home and took to a lab. The other was at the RE's office-apparently they had a nice room for the DH's. :)

DH went with me to my initial RE consult and the IUI's after that. I wanted him there so I had a second set of ears...in case I forgot something they said. It was nice to be able to discuss our "game plan" with the RE together.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"