Nebraska Babies
Options

Diaper Service

Hi Ladies, I was wondering if anyone here in Omaha has any experience or references for a diaper service for cloth diapers.  My SIL is going to do cloth diapering and she is planning to wash at home, but I thought that I might see if I could get her a month free for her gift for the baby shower.  What are your thoughts?

That or I might go in to buy the hose you hook up to the toilet.

Thought I would check here for suggestions.  TIA

Re: Diaper Service

• Options

Hi There!

My husband and I are going to do cloth. I think if it were me you were buying for I would rather have the supplies than a month of service. For us we are looking to go green ... but also save alot of $$$.

With that said - I think getting her set up with some supplies is the way to go. I am from Chicago originally and am working with cutiepoopsandbottoms.com - I found them via the thirstiesbaby.com site. There is also a store in Elkhorn that I have yet to check out. She may be able to set up a registry.

We are having our shower in Chicago so the cutiepoops store worked out well with their registry.

Hope this helps!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have several friends that use this service and love it!  We will also be joining when our little one comes!

https://www.desmoinesdiaperservice.com/

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think a diaper service will only work if she is using the old school prefolds. I could be wrong about that but I think any of the new systems can't be used by a service. I totally agree that supplies would be better and there is a store in lincoln called circle me where she could register and they will do sales over the phone and ship or someone could pick up her stuff before the shower.  They have all different kinds of cloth diapers and the accessories so she should check it out.

• Options

Do supplies instead!!

Go to https://www.ttbbb.com/ and look around there. This is the store in Elkhorn and Jess and Justin (the owners) are super awesome and can answer any questions that you have. A lot of us over on the omaha nest cloth diaper and I don't know of any that use the service. We're all have our own "style" i guess you could say. Some of us love the AIOs, some love the fitteds, others stick to the pockets. Many of us do a mixture.

In looking at this particular site it looks like diaper service for 70 diapers or less is $16 and change per week. That's $64 per month! That's going to be more expensive than doing disposables I'm pretty sure. 

I'd totally get her the diaper sprayer. We didn't have one with my son (because we started with cloth waaay late) but many of the girls that I talk to say they couldn't live without theirs. I got mine on eBay for $20 or something. It hooked up REALLY easily and it hasn't leaked. I even spray it every couple of days just to see if it will leak. (and because I'm excited to have a baby and that sprayer thing is just kinda fun!) :-)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"