Philadelphia Babies
Options

Delivering at Phoenixville Hospital?

I am currently pregnant with my first child.  I was just wondering if anyone has delivered at Phoenixville and if it was a good experience?  All the other women in my family delivered at Bryn Mawr, but I would prefer Phoenixville as it's much closer!  Any insight would be great!

Re: Delivering at Phoenixville Hospital?

• Options

Honestly I've not heard one great review of Phoenixville Hospital. I also live MUCH closer to Phoenixville, but delivered both my kids at Bryn Mawr - and I had wonderful experiences both times.

GL!

imageimage
    Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
    Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageErin&Ryan:

Honestly I've not heard one great review of Phoenixville Hospital. I also live MUCH closer to Phoenixville, but delivered both my kids at Bryn Mawr - and I had wonderful experiences both times.

GL!

me too!

We live 5 blocks from P'ville hospital and from what we had heard it wasn't even an option for us. We went to the birth center in Bryn Mawr and ended up delivering at the hospital. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know there have been some upgrades to the L&D unit, plus their NICU is staffed by CHOP. I had a friend who delivered there with both her children. With that said, I live close to P-ville, but chose to go to Paoli instead.

• Options
    We are getting ready to move to Phoenixville from the city. My plan is to stay with my doctor and Pennsylvania Hospital, but if necessary, we would be going to Paoli if we need something closer.
    Bean Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Bean Part Deux BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I live very close to Phoenixville Hospital and did not deliver there.  At the time of my first pregnancy, I believe there was only one practice delivering there and I had a couple bad experiences with them.  My first child was delivered at Bryn Mawr and it was awful.  My last two were at Paoli and were such great experiences. 
  • Options
    I delivered at Phoenixville hospital and had a great experience. I love the Dr's at the practice where I go and they only deliver there. I was high risk and had to go there weekly for non-stress tests. All the nurses were fantastic. As for going to the ER with my 18 mo old, I was told to go to Bryn Mawr. They are the closest that has a pediatrician on site in the ER. All the others have one on call.
    Me: 36 - Unexplained - Facter V Leiden DH: 34 - No issues TTC = 2 yrs and 2 m/c Daughter born April 2009 - 3 rounds of Clomid TTC #2 Since Jan 2010 Unsuccessful IUI - Sept 2010 Unsuccessful IVF - Nov 2011 Starting FET for April 2011
  • Options
    I also delivered at Phoenixville and had a good experience.  They have brand new rooms, and they're all private.  Valley Forge OB/GYN is a great practice that delivers there.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"