Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Condoms and pregnancy tests in grocery stores.

So I was having a minor freak out this weekend with all the BFP's running rampant on this board in addition to not getting my expected period that I too may be pregnant (I am not.)  

When at the grocery store on Saturday I was looking for pregnancy tests and condoms and I just could not find them.  They had all other feminine products including lube but not a single condom or pregnancy test. I was baffled and convinced I missed it, so I ask a guy that works there where they were and he looked at me like I had a third eye.  He told me they do not sell them.  HUH?  

I am new to this town and had no idea that they were not sold there but his reaction to my question was as if I was a weirdo to even be asking.  Is it just me that thinks its weird for a grocery store to NOT sell those to said items? 

Me: 30, DOR with a FSH of 12.5
DH: 31, no issues
4-6/2012 100mg of Clomid + trigger + IUI/TI = BFN
7/2012 150mg of Gonal-f + trigger + IUI = BFN
8/2012 Surprise unmedicated BFP!! Due May 8, 2013
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Condoms and pregnancy tests in grocery stores.

• Options
    I just bought a pregnancy test (I'm not pregnant either) this weekend at a grocery store.  It was right next to the condoms.  So no, I don't think you are weird.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageAMYfromKY:
    I just bought a pregnancy test (I'm not pregnant either) this weekend at a grocery store.  It was right next to the condoms.  So no, I don't think you are weird.

That has been the case for me every other time I bought them back at home.  Maybe its a small town thing?  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Lol.

We were in a small town once, and DH stopped for some condoms at a drugstore. The guy told him "We don't sell that kind of stuf here."

My H was like "Huh? You're a drugstore!"

• Options
    imageTomkat8403:

Lol.

We were in a small town once, and DH stopped for some condoms at a drugstore. The guy told him "We don't sell that kind of stuf here."

My H was like "Huh? You're a drugstore!"

Thats funny!  I guess over here you can have comfortable lubefull sex but not protected sex.  Makes sense to me.   

• Options
    NYC grocery stores are tiny. I never buy shampoo or any other drugstore items when I am grocery shopping. I am always amazed when I go to big grocery stores in the suburbs that even carry socks, underwear and kids' toys.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

All of our grocery stores have put them into locked cabinets by the pharmacy.  You have to ask someone to get them for you now.

I wonder if people started making meth from condoms and pregnancy tests......

• Options
    imageBelleBaby:

Ha!  Yeah, they sell them here pretty much everywhere here...that does seem so weird!

• Options
    imageBelleBaby:

All of our grocery stores have put them into locked cabinets by the pharmacy.  You have to ask someone to get them for you now.

LOL! Nope. I work ina grocery store and condoms, for sure, are one of the most stolen items, especially by teens. PG tests might be too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I definitely consider those as standard items. Even our local natural foods grocery carries them! It?s especially strange to have lube but no condoms. LOL, the next time we are visiting my IL?s in their tiny town, I?m going to look for condoms and pregnancy tests!

One time I tried to find condoms at a convenience store. None. Not even in the bathrooms. I thought that was way weird.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Never heard of a grocery that didn't sell those two items.  That is very weird.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know I'm in Canada so it might be different here, but pregnancy tests and condoms are in all of our grocery stores.... at least where I live. They're just in the pharmacy section.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"