Detroit Babies
Options

Finding a "moms group" ?

Hi all!  I am not a poster here on the Detroit board, but have lurked at times and thought that perhaps you all could help me with something.

My Sister-In-Law is a Stay At Home Mom and is going NUTS being cooped up in the house all day.  She is seriously having a lot of trouble/stress and is beginning to be pretty snappy with the baby and i hate to see that.

I wish she'd get connected to a mom's group or a playdate group or SOMETHING so she could get some outside interaction.  But I can't just say to her "You need to go to a group!" so I was looking to find a mom's group of my OWN that i could bring her to to check it out and hopefully help her branch out from there.

I've googled and googled and googled and I guess I'm not googling the right keywords because i can't seem to find a Mom's Group that meets in the evenings/weekends that caters to mom's with infants (mine is 6 months old hers is 8 months old) in our area (i'm in St. Clair Shores, she's in Warren).

Any thoughts?  Are any of you a part of any groups you'd like to share?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finding a "moms group" ?

• Options

Im not totally sure but I think most may meet during the day.  I go to one up in romeo. its thursday mornings 9:30-11:30.  I've seen some kids as young as 2 months there. They have care givers there, so you spend time with the moms and the kids are playing.  Its a great group.  if your interested in it even though its during the day and a little bit of a drive, let me know. (i drive from clinton twp/st. clair shores border)

Try looking at some churches for them as well.  The one i go to is held at a church. 

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options

Have you tried searching on Meetup.com? That's where our group is (I'm on the West side, though).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you looked into local hospital classes, or places like YMCA's?
  • Options

search for mom groups on meetup.com, also google "MOPS groups in michigan"

• Options
    Thanks so much ladies I'll check into all those suggestions!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was going to suggest a MOPS group as well.

• Options

There's a MOMs club in Warren, I'm sure if you contacted them if they don't know of one in your area you both could go to that one.  https://www.momsclub.org/links.html#Michigan

I'm in a MOMs club in Oxford and there are functions at different times during the week to help SAHM and some WAHM or ones with flexible schedules (nurses).  We have play dates, book club, moms night out, and a recipe club; a number have infants that come to things.  I plan to still participate when/if I get to have #2.

I also did Gymboree classes with my daughter when she was small and we had a lot of fun.  We went to the one in Rochester.  There's a few scattered around the Detroit area.  https://www.gymboreeclasses.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"