3rd Trimester

Sleeping in recliner?

Just out of curiousity...

I remember seeing a post a few weeks ago about someone going into labour and the baby was not positioned right or something like that and she said the doctor said it was due to sleeping in the recliner and not on her side. Does anyone remember the post I'm talking about? Or either way, does anyone know if it is this true that you shouldn't?

I'm not anyways, I come out to my recliner for an hour or two and mess around on my computer and then go back and try to get a couple more hours sleep, but I have been seeing a lot of people in posts say that they are sleeping in recliners and thought it might be a useful discussion. (Plus let's face it, it's 5:30 in the morning and I'm bored lol).

Re: Sleeping in recliner?

• I don't know of the post you're talking about, but I do know that when I was still breech at 28 weeks, they told me to lay down as much as possible. She said being in an upright position doesn't allow the baby to turn as easy with your muscles contracting to hold your body up. HTH.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • imageJ+MS:
    I don't know of the post you're talking about, but I do know that when I was still breech at 28 weeks, they told me to lay down as much as possible. She said being in an upright position doesn't allow the baby to turn as easy with your muscles contracting to hold your body up. HTH.

Thank you!!

And good luck today!!! Smile You must be so excited/anxious!

• Loading the player...
  • imagemrschahbar:

imageJ+MS:
    I don't know of the post you're talking about, but I do know that when I was still breech at 28 weeks, they told me to lay down as much as possible. She said being in an upright position doesn't allow the baby to turn as easy with your muscles contracting to hold your body up. HTH.

Thank you!!

And good luck today!!! Smile You must be so excited/anxious!

Thank you! We don't go in till 10 tonight but I'm sure thus day is just going to drag by. Lol
  • Really? Oh wow yeah I can imagine this day is going to take forever! When my sister was scheduled to be induced she was told to call the hospital at 8am to see if she was good to come in but they had a few women go into labour through the night so told her she had to wait until they called her. By 12 she was jumping out of her skin and ready to kill someone lol.

• imagemrschahbar:

Really? Oh wow yeah I can imagine this day is going to take forever! When my sister was scheduled to be induced she was told to call the hospital at 8am to see if she was good to come in but they had a few women go into labour through the night so told her she had to wait until they called her. By 12 she was jumping out of her skin and ready to kill someone lol.

lol I'm the only scheduled induction of the night so I'm really glad I got that time slot. Hopefully it will be a peaceful night. Hopefully.

• I was talking to my BFF a few days ago and her midwife told her this since her baby is breech right now. She told her not to lay in a recliner, but to lay on her side. Before that I had never heard of it, but now I have heard it twice. 
    Photobucket
  • The theory is that women spend too much time in recline-y positions, and this messes up the baby's position. www.spinningbabies.com is hard to navigate, but talks about it here: https://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/posterior

She used to have an illustration about how if you sit reclined the baby naturally wants to spin to your back, but I can't seem to find that page...

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• My birth class instructor mentioned a recent study that says lazy-boy type recliners cause breech babies. I wish she would send me something official so I could reference it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"