Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Stabbing pain after c-section... normal?

I had an emergency c-section in May and the last few weeks I've been having sharp, stabbing pains in my right side where the internal incision was made. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this type of pain? If so, how long does it last?

Re: Stabbing pain after c-section... normal?

• i had that feeling for maybe a month afterwards but haven't felt much since.  my OB did say it's normal to feel some pain months out from a c-section-- there is a lot of healing to be done and that can take some time. if you're really concerned i would definitely either make a call to your OB/nurse on call or have him/her check you out and make sure it's nothing more.  GL! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also had a c-section in May.  I noticed in the past week that I have been having some jabbing pains.  Try not to worry, I think that it is pretty normal.  I had surgery about 7 years ago to remove ovarian cysts and remember the same type of pain months out from the surgery.  It takes a long time to heal, nerves regenerate, etc.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a c/s in June and I still feel weird shooting pains, etc. every now and then, or on some days my incision will ache.  My OB said it's normal and not to worry about it unless it becomes severe or is accompanied by any other symptoms.  If you're concerned I would mention it to your doctor just to make sure everything is alright.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Visit The Nest!
  • I have a pain similar to what you described every so often. It usually happens when I stand up from sitting. I'm assuming it's normal?
  • I still get stabbing pain occasionally. I can normally link it to something if I really try. I  went rock climbing and was totally fine but I did some easy yoga and had stabbing pain for days. My doctor checked me out and said everything looked great.
  • I get sharp pains every once in a while still but nothing too bad.
  • I still have that too. Also if someone presses on my scar it still hurts as well. 

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"