Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Amoxicillin question about shaking the bottle first

DS got his first ear infection and was prescribed amoxicillin on Monday. I have been giving it to him twice a day but just noticed that the bottle says to shake well. I feel like a big idiot because I haven't been shaking it. Do you think this is affecting how much antibiotic he is getting? He has improved although today he's been really fussy so I am paranoid. Do you think all of the antibiotic is at the bottom and now if I shake it, he would get too much? I was given two bottle of it so I may just start on the other (and shake well) to be sure everything is right. Thank you for your thoughts. The fussy could also be due to some nap issues that I also need to post about.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Amoxicillin question about shaking the bottle first

• Options
    It shouldn't be that big of a deal! Just give it a little shake from now on :) I'm a pediatric nurse and not all meds get shaken I promise :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageformerlyknownaseflo:
    It shouldn't be that big of a deal! Just give it a little shake from now on :) I'm a pediatric nurse and not all meds get shaken I promise :)
    Ok thank you. You're just the person I needed to hear it from too-someone who knows about these things.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I forgot to shake first time i used it...I didn't realize it required that either and it seemed ok.  Call you dr if you are really concerned but my LO was fine.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageghdst1:
    I forgot to shake first time i used it...I didn't realize it required that either and it seemed ok.  Call you dr if you are really concerned but my LO was fine.
    Ok thanks. Good to know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"