Babies on the Brain
Options

Oh and did you know that 18 month olds can play soccer?

At least one of the soccer places here seems to think that since they have classes/teams that young.

Let me tell you exactly how that would go with my kids.

"Go Nathan, go!  Kick it baby!  No.... no no no no... don't pick up the ball!  Where are you going?  You can't take the ball off the field!  Nathan!  Nathan, bring the ball back!  NATHAN!  Wait, Riley what are you doing?  Riley... RILEY!  Don't push your brother down!  RILEY PAYTON!  DO NOT SIT ON HIM!  Ok, well get the ball back while you've got him down at least.  Good job!  Good jo.... no Riley bring it BACK.  RILEY!  Bring it back!"

Re: Oh and did you know that 18 month olds can play soccer?

• Options

That sounds more interesting than your average soccer game to me, but I am pretty much in love with them both.

Riley's expression in your siggie pic melts my heart. 

• Options
    I'm tempted to sign them up just for the laughs, but it looks like the parents play with them at this age, and I'm guessing means one parent per kid.  Not a possibility right now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Or maybe Riley can play 'parent' since she likes to be in charge so much, and you can eat diced mango on the sidelines while the other parents run around getting kicked in the shins by pre-toddlers.
  • Options
    I worked at an indoor soccer arena in high school and the 18 month olds just kind of came in for a tumble class type thing. They played with soccer balls but didn't play soccer. 
  • Options

imageBostonGayGal:
    Or maybe Riley can play 'parent' since she likes to be in charge so much, and you can eat diced mango on the sidelines while the other parents run around getting kicked in the shins by pre-toddlers.

OMG this is brilliant!!

• Options

imagejkish22:
    I worked at an indoor soccer arena in high school and the 18 month olds just kind of came in for a tumble class type thing. They played with soccer balls but didn't play soccer. 

This is probably what it is.  I'm not sure.  I'm pretty sure they get uniforms though, so who knows. 

• Options
    I can hear them laughing through the entire thing.
  • Options
    imageleslie13510:

imagejkish22:

This is probably what it is.  I'm not sure.  I'm pretty sure they get uniforms though, so who knows. 

Baby uniforms? Officially the cutest thing ever.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Uniforms??? That's great!
  • Options
    And I thought  3 was young. 
  • Options
    Geez that seems so young.  I mean I know coaches feel the younger you start them out the better assuming they stick with it.  But man some kids have just started walking at that age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What you described is also 3 and 4 year olds playing soccer.  They don't start to actually get it and concentrate until they're 5 or 6.  We put our oldest in soccer last year.  While he concentrated and loved every minute of it, most of the other kids on his team were very easily distracted.  One mom pulled her kid from the team because he kept running off.  One of the kids every time the soccer ball came with 5 feet of him he'd throw himself on the ground and start twitching in fear.  Another would pick up the ball and run down the field...he had soccer and football mixed up apparently.  LOL.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"