3rd Trimester

Why are you posting when you should be calling your doctor?

I don't mean to be rude or inconsiderate of anyone, but I'm somewhat new to this whole messaging board thing and I've noticed that there are A LOT of women who post medical questions or concerns asking for help or advice.  Honestly, please don't take offense, but if you think you may be having contractions, or bleeding, or leaking or whatever the case may be, why would you decide to put it up on the message board to see what everyone has to say about it rather than call your doctor?   Sure there are lots of women here giving great advice and it's comforting but when it comes to your health or you're in pain and are not sure what is causing it... call..your..doctor. 

Re: Why are you posting when you should be calling your doctor?

• why didn't i see that thread sooner?!?! it answers so many questions!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You mean this isn't a message board of doctors? I really need to know if my water just broke.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree!!!!
    DD 11/5/10 born by c section DS 9/8/07 born by c section due to Pre-e/Hellp Syndrome m/c at 5 1/2 weeks 8/4/06 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
  • I thought that's what this was for?....you mean you're NOT all medical experts?!?!?!Surprise
  • imagemkeatts:
    You mean this isn't a message board of doctors? I really need to know if my water just broke.

I just want to let you know, Evelyn Siobhan is a beautiful name :)

• imageqme09:

imagemkeatts:
    You mean this isn't a message board of doctors? I really need to know if my water just broke.

I just want to let you know, Evelyn Siobhan is a beautiful name :)

Thank you so much! We just changed it at the last minute! Smile

• imagemkeatts:

pssh, speak for yourselves. I'm a medical expert.

"Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • imageJ+MS:

imagemkeatts:

Well, thank God.  I'll be sending you a picture of my mucus plug ASAP, as well as discuss my "after internal" bleeding. I also need to know if I'm having contractions right now and I need to know if my baby will be drugged out if I get an epidural.  Can you handle that? TYIA!

• imagemkeatts:
    imageJ+MS:

imagemkeatts:

Well, thank God.  I'll be sending you a picture of my mucus plug ASAP, as well as discuss my "after internal" bleeding. I also need to know if I'm having contractions right now and I need to know if my baby will be drugged out if I get an epidural.  Can you handle that? TYIA!

1,Bring on the MP pic, very little grosses me out. 

2. If your post internal bleeding is bright red and is more than exactly 4 spots, call the doctor.

3. You're not having contractions, quit whining.

4. Your baby will feel the effects of the epi...but it won't matter because all the coke you've been snorting the whole time has prepped baby for the effects.

See, medical expert.

• imageJ+MS:
    imagemkeatts:
    imageJ+MS:

imagemkeatts:

2. If your post internal bleeding is bright red and is more than exactly 4 spots, call the doctor.

4. Your baby will feel the effects of the epi...but it won't matter because all the coke you've been snorting the whole time has prepped baby for the effects.

See, medical expert.

Well when you put it that way... I won't even need the epi because I'll be having my baby in my kitchen floor.  Why leave the comfort of my own home?  I'll be so doped up I won't even know what's happening.  Thank goodness for coke and it's healing powers. Also for low-birth-weight babies.  It should make things easy. Thanks for the advice.

• imagemkeatts:
    imageJ+MS:
    imagemkeatts:
    imageJ+MS:

imagemkeatts:

See, medical expert.

Well when you put it that way... I won't even need the epi because I'll be having my baby in my kitchen floor.  Why leave the comfort of my own home?  I'll be so doped up I won't even know what's happening.  Thank goodness for coke and it's healing powers. Also for low-birth-weight babies.  It should make things easy. Thanks for the advice.

Yes 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"