Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

For the people that don't like my siggy pic

You can block me.

It is a picture of my daughter. My guess is that any photo I take of her in the next 2-3 weeks will look just as bad. I will not refrain from posting pics of her. If someone jumps to the idea that I abused my child, I invite you to call CPS. Really. PM me and I'll give you my info. The ER doc was not even concerned enough to call in a social worker, much less ask anything other than the routine questions, "How did it happen?" and "Was it because of a loss of consciousness?" I am in no way moved by those false allogations.

She's back to her normal, happy self. She's not bothered by her injuries or her looks. I would not expect you to refrain from posting a photo of your child if they had a visible birth defect or had to where a helmet to reshape their noggin.

It was a facial injury. I make light of it because the stress of it is gone.

If you can't handle that, block me. I won't mind.

Re: For the people that don't like my siggy pic

• Options

People had issues with the picture?

Oy....talk about lame. 

• Options

blocked!

ohhh wait no,  I couldn't live without seeing that adorable face... even if it is bruised up!  

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMCMoo23:

Oy....talk about lame. 

Apparently you can't have a sense of humor when something sewious happens.

• Options
    Poor baby! I don't know what happened, but I'm glad she's ok!
  • Options

can i get a linky please?

just as log as u dont claim lawsuit.....i wont call cps Stick out tongue

• Options

Darby's a total badass...

And if you don't believe me, here's her from behind: 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageshortyred919:
    imageMCMoo23:

Oy....talk about lame. 

Apparently you can't have a sense of humor when something sewious happens.

Everyone gets their panties in a bunch when a baby gets a bruise....

My favorite part of the pic is the cords in her hands Stick out tongue I love her to pieces.  

• Options
    The whole thing is so stupid.  When I took H in for his big goose egg I told my pedi I felt really bad because he had other bruises on his head.  She told me it's totally normal for them to have a ton of facial bruising at this age and that it's pretty obvious if something other than normal baby/toddler injuries are happening.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I've seen birth marks uglier than that bruise. Honestly, it's not even that dark.

She's still beautiful.  Smile

This is a test. This is only a test.
  • Options
    imageablou:

Dude! Lucy has the same tat! But the bear is purple...with butterfly wings. And some glitter.  

• Options

Who is complaining about the picture? You posted the story as to what happened to Darby a day ago.

Seriously people. Ask questions BEFORE you jump to conclusions or you just make yourself out to be an a$$

• Options
    People are lame.  Darby is cuteness, even if she likes to get in bear fights.  
  • Options
    imageMCMoo23:
    imageablou:

Dude! Lucy has the same tat! But the bear is purple...with butterfly wings. And some glitter.  

Yes  to Butterfly Glittertat Lucy!

• Options
    imagejkylie:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/43288189.aspx

Miss you! I haven't seen/talked to you for awhile!

• Options
    imageablou:

True story.

Btw, Ab, I am totally going to hump you when I see you next.

• Options
  • Options
    imageshortyred919:
    imageablou:

True story.

Btw, Ab, I am totally going to hump you when I see you next.

Not if I hump you first... and then I'm gonna steal yo baby!!!

• Options
    imageHotSauceonaStick:
    imagejkylie:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/43288189.aspx

Miss you! I haven't seen/talked to you for awhile!

awe....Left HugRight Hug

i havent had much time to bump. i lurk when i pump at work, lol. 

thanks for the linky,

• Options
    The picture makes me sad for poor Darby, but in no way does it offend me. People are silly for making a thing about it. 
  • Options

You know what sucks? Being afraid to take your kid's picture for a month because the sight of the giant burn he got when he pulled a still-hot curling iron down on him (he had been playing next to me while I was in the bathroom doing my hair). That included a ER visit that had multiple doctors and nurses question me and inspect every inch of my son to see if they needed to call CPS.

An injury like that, or your daughter's bruises, is embarassing and very stressful. I cried myself to sleep for days because I had ruined my son- months later and he still has the pink buttterfly burn mark on his arm, and for weeks of his life I would not take a picture that showed past his shoulder because pof the bandaging, and swimming pool photos make me a little sad if they show his arm.

The people who judge haven't gone through that yet. Injuries happen without negligence to the best of mothers.

• Options
    imageablou:
    imageMCMoo23:
    imageablou:

Yes  to Butterfly Glittertat Lucy!

Great!  Ellie is going to be so upset when I tell her that 2 other babies have the same tattoo.  How embarrassing.

I didn't really understand the brew-ha-ha over the picture.  She fell and got hurt.  I am not offended by her poor little bruised noggin.  I am also not offended by birth defects, birth marks (good thing because E has a BIG one),helmet-heads or babies hooked up to tubes.

Are we only allowed to share photos of our babies that make them look like models?  Crap. 

• Options

#1- pretty sure you wouldn't post a pic if you beat your kid, lol.

#2- she be gangsta!!! 

• Options

imagemadeleines_mommy:
    Poor baby! I don't know what happened, but I'm glad she's ok!

SHE GOT IN A FIGHT WITH A BEAR.

• Options
    imagelulupinkerton:

Are we only allowed to share photos of our babies that make them look like models?  Crap. 

Yes.

See siggy.

She's practicing the "over the shoulder hair toss"

• Options
    imageHotSauceonaStick:
    imagelulupinkerton:

Yes.

See siggy.

She just can't help it.  Too. Much. Cuteness.

• Options
    imagelulupinkerton:
    imageHotSauceonaStick:
    imagelulupinkerton:

Yes.

See siggy.

BTW, I'm jealous that Ellie can wear those headbands. Lily has too much hair so she looks like Jane Fonda. Sad

• Options
    imageHotSauceonaStick:
    imagelulupinkerton:
    imageHotSauceonaStick:
    imagelulupinkerton:

Yes.

See siggy.

BTW, I'm jealous that Ellie can wear those headbands. Lily has too much hair so she looks like Jane Fonda. Sad

that's why you use barrettes!

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    imageHotSauceonaStick:
    imagelulupinkerton:
    imageHotSauceonaStick:
    imagelulupinkerton:

Yes.

See siggy.

"Let's get physical.  Physical!"

• Options
    imagelulupinkerton:
    imageHotSauceonaStick:
    imagelulupinkerton:
    imageHotSauceonaStick:
    imagelulupinkerton:

Yes.

See siggy.

"Let's get physical.  Physical!"

Oh man, these two comments made my laugh. so. hard.

• Options
    I thought you were going to say "For the people that don't like my siggy pic.....go fvck yourself!"...'cause that's what I would have said.  That whole post was ridicules. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry...I know this is bad...but the picture actually makes me giggle a little bit..lol I'm terrible...
  • Options

Wow! I really wish I didn't take the night off the Bump. I know I am way late to the party but I am sooooo pissed. I have to add my two cents...

Shorty, let them call CPS. You did nothing wrong! You weren't even there when it happened. Give CPS my info and I will testify on what an awesome mom you are and how much you love Darby. Darby is ok and that is all that matters.

To the ignorant people who don't believe her, it is a good thing your opinion does not matter. I pray that your LO never takes a fall and gets a bruise, less an internet stranger does not believe you on the origins of those bruises. Get a freaking life. 

• Options
    I think the pic is great.  I love her expression of "What? Why you starin'? "
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I missed the initial drama but I just got caught up.  I'll admit that I really don't like seeing the picture.  But, the reason is not because I'm offended or think you beat your child (and honestly, the people who made those accusations should be ashamed of themselves.  Unless you have a basis for such mean-spirited accusations you ahould keep your mouths shut). I just hate it because it makes me wince and think "Ouch!" every time I see it. I am dreading the day that DD takes her first big spill... 
  • Options

I wasn't on last night and I normally wouldn't jump in on a post like that  but jeesh people.  For all those moms who doubt Shorty's story, thinking that the bruises look too bad for the story being told...Just you wait.  All it takes is the slightest tumble and you've got an incredible bruise.  My oldest fell all of 2 feet when he was little and broke his arm.  Stuff happens.  Kids are going to fall and get bruises.  My baby right now has bruises on his face and legs.  He thinks he's Spiderman and that he can climb anything and he falls.  I am not a helicopter mom.  I can't be with 2 other kids.  He is going to fall and get bruises. 

Shorty - Darby is still cute as ever, bruises and all.  Glad that you're not taking these judgy women to heart.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Darby sends you all kisses.
  • Options

Wow...just wow. People need to get a freaking grip! How can anyone automatically assume that you abused your child based on their bruises? Some people just bruise more easily than others! I know I bruise if I tap a body part on something and I am a major klutz...guess everyone must think DH is beating me, lol. Not to mention that your LO is fair and you are going to see a bruise more clearly on her!

Shorty, I am so sorry people are pulling this crap, and I am glad Darby is ok! Those other bumpies are disgusting and need someone to take them by the shirt front and smack the he!! out fo them! And for the record, I thought the caption was hysterical, lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"