3rd Trimester
Options

I hate my job!!

I hate my job and the people who own it! As soon as I have my little baby I will be using my 9 weeks vacation for maternity leave and looking for a new job!!

Today the new "boss" said to my mother in law (who works for us) that I need to go on maternity leave now! Now am I looking too much into this...could this be harassment. Esp since I left the office crying today and THEN she made that comment to my mother in law!!

Re: I hate my job!!

• Options

My NEW boss is questioning why I want to take the full 12 weeks, esp. since I won't be getting paid for all of the, afterall, when she had her child, 18 years ago, she only took 6, and that was the norm.

Well, thanks to FMLA, I get 12, and pregnant women are very protected under that act.

Every since this lady arrived in mid august my life has been hell, and the count down to maternity leave and a new job hunt!

Best of luck to you, and just try and not to stress yourself and baby. You have make sure you and your health come first.  

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    THanks looks like we are in the same boat! Trying to keep my head up. DH wants me to walk out. I can't do that!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow I can't believe ur boss said you should take maternity leave. Do you tell her to take a week off when she is pmsing or has a headache or a cold. She's pretty much saying you can't work because you are pregnant, which is pregnancy discrimination. I hate it when people tell me how I should be handling personal things. I would be very cautious with her because bosses handle people's pregnancies very strangely sometimes. I had a bad boss that I had multiple problems with and then when I told him I was pregnant and we discussed maternity leave he made all sorts of statements about pregnant woman not returning after having their babies ect and then he made a big deal about me evacuating my office prior to maternity leave so that he could have a space for a new hire. He even came out and said he may not have a confidential office space for me when I returned, which means since I am a therapist I would not have a job. ( I am part-time by the way so I didn't qualify for FMLA and was really freaking out to think I would lose my job because I took time off to have a baby) So to feel more secure I wrote all of this up and went to HR and I'm sooo glad I did. HR pretty much confirmed he was trying to fire me and make it look like I just didn't come back. Now I have my complaint on record and even got switched to a different supervisor(which is something I had been pursuing anyway). I was very upfront with HR that I couldn't really work for someone who had tried to fire me and they agreed. They also said that it was good that I came to them with them because they have plenty of cases where part-time staff has taken time off-for maternity, illness ect. and not been fired. So that's my story...sorry to make the reply long, but it's important to know what goes on out there-some bosses are really crazy and depending on the situation there might be something you can do-other than feeling frustrated and leaving-or feeling like you have to take it. If I were you I would atleast check in with HR to make sure they know you are having problems. It helps to have it on record because if your company is big enough and ur HR department is decent they have an obligation work on things. Plus if they do try and fire you then you can go to the Equal Opportunity Employment Comission and file a complaint and then sue from there if you want. There was a lady in my area who was fired for taking more than 8wks( to care for her sick son) and she sued and got 1.8 million dollars.
  • Options
    I own a small business and if one of my employees left crying in the middle of the day I would seriously wonder about their capacity to continue working "normally" as well. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    yoda I left crying because they told me they were taking my job away from me! I think that is a good enough reason to cry! I do a dual job, some in the office and some out in the field. Little by little they were filling me up with field work and not allowing me to do the reqirements that I have done in the office for 2 years. The "new" boss said she would be taking over those items!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"