Special Needs
Options

Full day feeding progrm:)

After 2 yrs of waiting, Maya will finally begin an all day feeding program at the children's hospital in my town.  I couldn't be more excited!!!! It's perfect timing.  She's been showing more interest in food, but still not eating enough, but is willing to try new things.I feel like now all she needs is a little push from some professionals and she will be on her way to eating like a "normal" child would. 

It's a 6 week program from 8am-4pm Mon.-Fri.,  where a team of doctors feed her meals and the rest of the day is like a preschool type activities.  It's suppose to be a great program!

I'm the direcor of the preschool she normally goes to...so I'm going to miss peaking in on her during the day.  But I know that she will need all of our encouragement and a lot of praise these next 6 weeks, and I'm ready to help start this journey.

Yay:)  

Re: Full day feeding progrm:)

• Options

YAY! Sounds like a great program! We just got our son evaluated at the feeding clinic at our Children's Hospital. It sounds like getting him to orally feed is going to be a LONG process. We still need to figure out a few medical issues that may be stopping him from eating orally. 

Let us know how it goes! Our thoughts are with you! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"