Natural Birth
Options

THIS is why I love my midwives!

Due to severe itching and some BP issues, my midwives are concerned that I *may* have developed Intrahepatic Cholestasis, also known as Obstetric Cholestasis.  Basically, my liver stops cleaning out the toxins for both Baby and me.  

They ordered labs to be done "stat," and while we're waiting for the labs to come back, they had me go in for an NST.  When I showed up at the hospital for the NST two of my midwives and my doula were there to meet me!  They just wanted to make sure that I was comfortable and could talk out whatever concerns that I had.  I had to wait 2 hours to get the NST done and they just stuck around.  We actually had a pretty good time!

I cannot imagine that my old OB would have taken the time to come to the hospital and alleviate any fears that I may have, let alone stuck around just to be able to be there with me to see the NST!

Luckily, the NST went really well!  I had over 12.35 for the fluid levels. My BP was actually 112/66!  And the Baby's heartbeat and movement were wonderful!  We're still waiting on the labs, but I so appreciated that they knew it would make me feel better to know that Baby was okay, even before we got labs back.

So we're still set for our home birth, unless the labs confirm Cholestasis.  In the mean time, I am getting such super star treatment!  

Re: THIS is why I love my midwives!

• Options

that is awesome!!  mw's are the best thing ever!!  glad to hear that you got good news so far.  :)

maybe you can ask them about dandelion root capsules.  i have recommended them all the time to help women with liver problems.  they do a great job of detoxing it and of course they are safe in pg.  see what she thinks of it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh wow, that's wonderful of them to be there for you like that!

My fingers are crossed that you get good results from the blood tests as well!

Mother's Day, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow! Your midwives sound awesome!! I hope everything works out and you get the home birth you want!
  • Options
    I had PUPPS last time (I hope you aren't getting that!) and my MW (this time) recommended taking the dandelion (from Mountain Rose Herbs online) from the start since I have such sensitive skin. It is on the way!
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"