March 2011 Moms
Options

Sharp twinges?

I've been having these sharp twinges on my lower left abdomen, right where about where my pelvic bone is. Is this normal? I've had it all day, every few minutes for just a second this sharp twinge then it's gone. Then returns a few minutes later. Not like a cramp, just a quick little twinge. Happens whether I'm sitting still, standing, whatever. Called the doc and the receptionist said if it gets worse or bleeding/spotting then to come in. What do you ladies think?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sharp twinges?

• Options
    Sounds like RLP, but my advice is to always run it by your doctor.  My own said that RLP can get so bad for some women that they scream in pain or have to double over.  Mine has definitely made me gasp a few times.
    *tap tap* Is this thing on?
  • Options
    What's RLP?  I too am feeling a little weird twinge-like pains.  Not all day though..here and there and they just started within the last week.  I'm just now 13.5 weeks...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecharley7:
    What's RLP?  I too am feeling a little weird twinge-like pains.  Not all day though..here and there and they just started within the last week.  I'm just now 13.5 weeks...

See Below:

Round ligament pain refers to a type of pelvic pain caused by stretching of the round ligaments. This occurs more commonly on the right side of the pelvis.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    yea its not every day, it just started today. I've had a few other sharp twinges randomly that I attributed to RLP but not so sure about this time. If it continues thru tomorrow I will just go in to the doc to double-check.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've had these off and on since I was 6 weeks pg. At first I was worried about it, but my doc said it was normal since I wasn't bleeding or doubled over in pain for long periods of time.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I get them all the time... From talking to others, it seems to be pretty typical of RLP.  Hopefully that is all yours is too...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i had them yesterday, too! while driving and then while laying on the couch later in the day. it was a quick stabbing pain right where my left hip bone pokes out from the front of my body. it happened a few times during both instances, then i never felt it again. i told my friend if my baby wasn't the size of a lemon, i'd think it was him or her since it felt like when ds would poke me. i didn't call the doc, though, because it wasn't constant.

i'm sure it's just super fun pregnancy stuff. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was having sharp pains too and asked my doctor she said it was just where the baby was growing and it was ligiment pains where they are stretching. I really had them more on my right side and when we did the ultrasound it was bkz the baby apparently loves the right side lol. Dr said nothing to worry about as long as they dont feel like cramps and are not long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"