February 2011 Moms
Options

I weighed myself today...

Wow.

That's all I have to say. 

I haven't weighed myself since my last doctor's appointment Sept. 10. 

At least my OB will be pleased. No wonder I'm feeling huge.

I've gained almost 20 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I weighed myself today...

• Options

I just weighted myself too.. I have gained 7! but in my ultrasound yesterday the doc said that the baby has a chubby belly and long legs! lol I know where that weight is going :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic baby development
  • Options
    imagedee1369:

Wow.

That's all I have to say. 

I haven't weighed myself since my last doctor's appointment Sept. 10. 

At least my OB will be pleased. No wonder I'm feeling huge.

I've gained almost 20 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.

Don't worry, sweetie. I'm in the same boat. I think my body just went into uber-mommy mode, since I've been making healthy eating choices. My mom said sometimes it's just genetics - she gained 20 lbs in 1st tri alone with both pregnancies. Oh, and try to disregard the post above who's upset about gaining 7lbs, lol, clearly she didn't read your post carefully enough.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

OB wants me to gain 40! I was underweight pre-pregnancy. I am going to be a blimp at this rate! lol

I believe I was 117 or something like that at my last appointment.

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Umm excuse me but i am not upset about the 7lbs!  I really thought i would have gained more by now.. I will probably gain it all in the 3rd!
  • Options

imagetrp77:
    Umm excuse me but i am not upset about the 7lbs!  I really thought i would have gained more by now.. I will probably gain it all in the 3rd!

Sorry about misreading your tone - one of the dangers of message boards (and since the OP sounded upset about the amount of her weight gain). GL and here's to healthy babies and mamas!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    I haven't stepped on the scale since my last OB visit, at that point I had gained 13lbs.  Well, its almost 4 weeks later and I am scared of what the scale will say
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Its ok.. I knew that she was underweight so i didnt think it would bother her if I shared my weight gain.. It sounds good that she is gaining weigh :)!  Sorry if I upset anyone I didnt mean it to sound that way..
  • Options
    Im still at a 23lb gain. Went to doc yesterday. I told him i was concerned cus i felt like i was gaining so fast. he said dont worry its fine that itll probably start slowing down and just to make sure im not eating empty calories.
  • Options
    Well since I started over weight my doc says "you could potentially not gain any weight at all and be fine." I am pretty satisfied with this being my 3rd baby that I am down 1 lb still and I am 19 weeks!  Totally hoping not to blow up in the next 5 months!  I still am carrying baby weight from my first baby who is now 7!  I am not much of one for working out!
  • Options
    i can't do it- i won't do it.  i've never been one to weigh myself pre-pregnancy and i don't pay much attention now when they weigh me at the ob's office (although dh does to ensure i'm on track Angry), so i'm just going to assume all is right with the weight gain world.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I gained 10 pounds in the last month after not gaining anything before that! I am not super concerned, but I cannot gain that much every month for the rest of my pregnancy or I will be huge (I am not a tiny girl to begin with) 

• Options

I've gained about 15.  At my last OB appointment I'd gained about 6 lbs. in 4 weeks.  My doctor called it a "productive" month. :)

I feel like I'm making reasonably healthy choices, and only eating when I'm hungry... it just happens that I am hungry all the time!  As long as I'm eating real food and not empty calories, I figure the baby needs them.

• Options
    I have gained 19!
  • Options

I've only gained 12lbs so far, but when I stepped on the scale today my DH said, "10 more pounds and we'll weigh the same!"

He meant it as a joke. Skinny husbands shouldn't joke like that! He's 6ft, I'm 5'2. Big difference.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"