January 2011 Moms

anyone familiar with certain dri antiperspirant?

Ok so kind of embarressing I guess but I cant be the ONLY pregnant lady with this problem so Im in need of a little advice....But I sweat like CRAZY (not like i smell or anything, just too much wetness) and its sort of prohibiting my from wearing all my cute maternity shirts now... does anyone know anything about the Certain Dri antiperspirant? I used to use it pre-pregnancy and it worked wonders, but DHs cousin said something about the aluminum chloride in it might be bad so I havent taken the chance during pregnancy at all. Now the problem is getting pretty bad and frustrating because i cant wear any shirt for too long...

Does anyone know if it is safe during pregnancy? Or does anyone else have a similar problem and have a better solution? I would totally appreciate the help! Thanks ladies!! :)

Re: anyone familiar with certain dri antiperspirant?

• I never tried the brand you mentioned or worried about what's in deodorant. However, I do have sweaty pits and use Secret Clinical. It has helped me tremendously. I like that you put it on at night and it does leave a residue.
  • The aluminum compounds in all antiperspirants is what makes them  antiperspirant and stops you from sweating.  Unfortunately if sweating is your issue, the "natural" aluminum-free deodorants won't work for you.  They will stop you from smelling, but have nothing in there to stop you from sweating.  Which is why they are labeled as a "deodorant" and not antiperspirant/deodorant.  A lot of people get concerned about the aluminum ingredient, but I would rather have dry pits.  I use Dove and it works well for me. 
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • imageizzourclue:
    The aluminum compounds in all antiperspirants is what makes them  antiperspirant and stops you from sweating.  Unfortunately if sweating is your issue, the "natural" aluminum-free deodorants won't work for you.  They will stop you from smelling, but have nothing in there to stop you from sweating.  Which is why they are labeled as a "deodorant" and not antiperspirant/deodorant.  A lot of people get concerned about the aluminum ingredient, but I would rather have dry pits.  I use Dove and it works well for me. 

This!!! ALL antiperspirants contain aluminum.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ive used it since i was 16 years old... and all through my pregnancy. my baby is fine. i never even thought about it being harmful.

i found that my skin is more sensitive to the roll on and they now make it a solid so i use that and the whole ow painful armpits thing stopped

• Secret Clinical and Degree Clinical work best for me. Although the Degree itself works better for me during the night since I've been getting so hot. :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes and I used it pre=pg as well and I too worry about whats in it. So I only use it on "special occasions". I know thats wierd but I cant bring myself to use it alot except when I really need it. Ive probably used it 3 times since getting pg.
  • I have been sweating non-stop as well!  Good question!  I have degree clinical strength.  You are supposed to wear it at night, but it makes my armpits itch like crazy!  Right now I am just using secret, but am in the market for something stronger as well.  I keep wearing black shirts or dresses to hide it.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for asking this.  I've been having the same problem and it's embarrassing to have sweat stains.  I am definitely going to try the clinical strength.  Why do you have to put it on at night?  Thanks in advance for the help.
    Miscarriage at 17 weeks. Our baby girl went to Heaven on 4.3.08. Miscarriage at 5 weeks in July 2008. Miscarriage at 4 weeks in June 2009. Delivered Baby #4 on 2.23.10. Our baby girl had Triploidy. TWIN BOYS BORN 12.20.10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I used this pre-pregnancy, and when I got pregnant asked my OBGYN about it, because of the aluminum.  He said not to worry about it, it's fine to use.  I love Certain Dri, it's the only think that has worked for me...I've tried Secret Clinical Strength, it doesn't work at all for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"