Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

My heart just swelled (NTTGPR)

I just saw my god son crawl for the first time ever via web cam and I don't think I've cried so much for such a happy experience. I was web camming with my best friend and asked to see him as I haven't seen him in weeks and when she turned the camera towards him and said his name, he looked up and crawled towards her! POOF! Just like that. I burst into tears, she burst into tears and her DH came running from the kitchen and I could see him jumping all around the house lol It was so adorable.

I don't have any children yet and that little monkey has become my heart and soul. He's 9 months old and I can't believe how fast he's grown and how times has flown by. He'll be calling me Ciocia which is Polish for Aunt and I am anxiously waiting for him to say it although I'm pretty sure I'll cry even more when it happens.

How about you? Have any nieces or nephews that warm your heart and make you want to squeeze them forever?

Re: My heart just swelled (NTTGPR)

• Options

My brother and SIL just had their son on labor day. They live in Philly and I live on LI so I've only seen him once and only for a SaturDAY. I love him soooo much I just wish I could see them more often. I'm counting down the days to my moms 50th birthday party (Oct.16th) cause they're coming up for the weekend! He hasn't made me cry much yet (besides when he was born) but I'm sure he will soon enough!! :o)

• Options

No nieces or nephews.  A bunch of my cousins have children, but unfortunately I am not very close to them.

:(

you should definately enjoy these memories! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagefaydre:

No nieces or nephews.  A bunch of my cousins have children, but unfortunately I am not very close to them.

:(

you should definately enjoy these memories! :)

This.  I will be an aunt this month sometime-however I am not sure when I'll get to see lo since my brother lives 2000 miles away.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options

Awww, so sweet!

My sister has 5 kids: 16, 13, 11, 9 and 16 months.  They've been living in Hawaii for the past 5 years (her DH was in the Army), but he recently got out and they're living with our parents for the next couple months.  Last month, I got to see them for the first time since our wedding (over two years), and meet my youngest nephew for the first time.  I love having them close!!

Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
  • Options
    My nieces and nephew are the reasons we're ttc and not planning a child-free life, lol!  Love them soooooo much.  I would squeeze them forever if they would stay still that long lol!
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options

imagetigerhearted:
    My nieces and nephew are the reasons we're ttc and not planning a child-free life, lol!  Love them soooooo much.  I would squeeze them forever if they would stay still that long lol!

So true! The minute I held him in the hospital right after he was born I looked at DH in the hall and said "We need to have one of these!' lol

It's so hard when you live away from them but it does make seeing them so incredible. I just hate when weeks or months go by and then suddenly they are doing something they weren't doing before and you missed that transition.

• Options
    I have 13 nieces and nephews and it is still exciting! It's so wonderful and amazing to watch them grow and learn. I can't wait for it to be one of my own.
  • Options
    I have 13 nieces and nephews ranging in age from  1-18. All of them hold a special place in my heart. I am especially close to my niece Lex, who is 2 1/2 and my nephew Chaz, who is 16 months. They call me "Mimi" which is my niece's pronunciation of Jaime. I love  them to pieces and can't wait to give them a cousin to play with soon.
  • Options
    imagekelliott9199:

So true! The minute I held him in the hospital right after he was born I looked at DH in the hall and said "We need to have one of these!' lol

It's so hard when you live away from them but it does make seeing them so incredible. I just hate when weeks or months go by and then suddenly they are doing something they weren't doing before and you missed that transition.

Oh I know!  We're a 16-hr drive away from them, so we usually only get to see them twice a year.  But when we're up there it's pretty much all kids all the time, so we get a nice big dose to carry us over to the next visit. :3  The sweetest most thoughtful kids I've ever met.  Will be calling up their mom for tips once we have our own, that much I know...she sure did something right!

my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options

How sweet! Definitely enjoy those moments!

I'm definitely a blessed auntie! I have four nieces and three nephews! Sadly, most of them live on the other side of the country, so it's just my baby sister's little girl I get to see. And when I say that baby is my world, I mean it with my whole heart. I never imagined loving something as much as I love her! I can't imagine what it's going to be like when it's my own child!

• Options
    Awww!  Great timing for a web camming session!  Big Smile
  • Options
    imagemrsbaker1128:

How sweet! Definitely enjoy those moments!

I'm definitely a blessed auntie! I have four nieces and three nephews! Sadly, most of them live on the other side of the country, so it's just my baby sister's little girl I get to see. And when I say that baby is my world, I mean it with my whole heart. I never imagined loving something as much as I love her! I can't imagine what it's going to be like when it's my own child!

My thoughts exactly. When I'm holding him or playing with him I just think to myself "wow, if I love him this much how incredible will it be to have my own child". Everyone says you can't imagine loving someone as much as you love your child until you hold them for the first time and I'm starting to think that is probably very much true. Just like our "First dance" song at our wedding says "And I thought I loved you then".

• Options
    Oh yes.  I'm the unofficial godmother to an adorable 3 year old.  I've known him since he was a few days old and used to babysit him all the time.  I love him as much as if he were my own son.  It kills me to live across the country from him now, but he still talks to me on the phone. <3
    Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Aww that is so sweet! No nieces or nephews for me yet unfortunately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"