January 2011 Moms
Options

Craigslist Question

Okay so here's my backstory. In July I bought a baby gate off of craigslist. Got it home and it wasn't wide enough or the hallway that I wanted to put it in, so it has been sitting in my spare room ever since. I finally posted it on Craigslist again, hoping to get my money back and get it to someone that could actually use it. I just sold it today and got this text mesage from the buyer:

"I just tried to put the gate upthe screws are worped and the gate does not even close did you know this i cant use this gate at all its trash"

Now gramatical errors aside, I had already told this lady that I bought it used on CL and never got a chance to even try to use it. I don't want to be a jerk, but I had no idea anything was wrong with it. So I guess my question is how do I respond? Nothing seemed wrong with it when I got it but I've never had a baby gate before. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Re: Craigslist Question

• Options

I'm not familiar with CL ettiquite and while I usually say "buyer beware" when it comes to sites like that, I would probably give the person half of their money back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I say its buyer beware.  You told her that you have never used it and sold it as is.  She can buy new screws.  I don't think its your problem, I wouldn't respond.
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree!  Especially since she knows you bought it on craigslist yourself.  It is not your problem at that point.
  • Options
    If screws are warped, then buy new screws and it will be fixed.  
  • Options

imagetfarabians:
    I say its buyer beware.  You told her that you have never used it and sold it as is.  She can buy new screws.  I don't think its your problem, I wouldn't respond.

this! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    All of the above!
  • Options
    I would respond and say, "My ad mentioned I bought it used. I was not aware of any defects. I'm sorry, but I cannot issue a refund." If she writes back AGAIN, ignore. You have bigger fish to fry!
  • Options

"I was not aware of any defects. I mentioned that I bought it used and was not able to use it or try it out. Maybe there is a way to get replacement screws."

I guess we will see how it goes, thanks for your feedback, I guess I just needed someone to tell me I wasn't being a complete b!tch for not wanting to give her the money back, when I really wasn't trying to decieve her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"