Washington Babies
Options

Sounders Game with kids...

Last week, Steve took Ben to a high school football game.  I dropped them at 6:45, the game started at 7, and at 7:15 I got the call that ben was done and wanted to go home.  He never was very excited to go in the first place.

Well this weekend, Steve has tickets to the Sounders and has been planning all along to go with Ben.  It's during nap time, but I think Ben can rally.  But so far, Ben has shown no interest in it at all.  He's not excited about it.  He doesn't say he doesnt' want to go either.  He's just neutral abou it.  I don't think he really knows what it is.

I'm thinking Steve should just ask one of his friends to go instead.  But some of you guys go with kids all the time right?  So is it really going to be fun enough that he should take him?  or do you think we should just wait til next summer?

Re: Sounders Game with kids...

• Options

I HAVE BEEN IN THIS SITUATION!

Rod always wanted Alex to be into going to the games with him and he just wasn't.  Everytime it went wrong DH would just feel defeated.

Once Alex was about 7 they started going to Mariners games, and Alex was then really into it.  Not as much for the game but because it was the col thing to do with all his school friends.

SO yeah I think it's best Ben stays home, so not to have Steve feel defeated again.  It's just not the age yet.   Now explaining that to Steve is another thing - with us it was a bumpy road that came in time (and one I wish they could regain since we've moved)

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes
  • Options

We are kind of in the same boat. Although Jackson is younger and has never been to a game before. I thought it would be fun to take Jackson to his first Sounders game - but Shane said that they stand the whole time, and there is no where for Jackson to run around (that's ALL he wants to do).

As much fun as I would "hope" it to be, I think it will be more work.  I encouraged Shane to just take a friend.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

OH and kids don't just sit and watch the game - has he figured that out yet?  Still at 9 year old Alex can't sit at a game much. But it's better.

Especially at Ben's age - they need to be walked around or taken to a play area, or really just leave early.  How would Steve feel if HE can't enjoy the game...it's just going to be 90 minutes of parenting honestly.

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes
  • Options

How old is Ben? Our Ben is 2 1/2 and he loves these things. We went to two baseball games this year and the first one we sat in the bleachers because we knew he wouldn't want to sit still the whole time. We did end up wandering around quite a bit. The second time he stayed on my husband's lap for nearly the entire game. (We left at 8th inning) He loved it. Take me out to the ballgame is still his favorite song. I think it really depends on the kid and your husband's expectations. If he really expects to sit and watch the whole soccer game, he may want to take a friend. If he is ok with a toddler dancing and wanting to run around and maybe leave early, then it may work out. We will be at the game with our Ben too!

Good luck!

• Options
    Yeah, I think Steve will just get pissed if Ben "ruins" it for him.  And Steve definitely needs some time off.  He's had a lot of crap going on at work and I go out for girls night a few times a month.  So I would rather he go and have fun and come back in a good mood.  :)
  • Options
    We take both kids all the time to the Sounders games and somedays are better than others. Definetly time of day plays a role and well as weather. It's a 12:30 game on Saturday and supposed to be nice out, so it will probably be a good game to take him to. It is high energy and A loves to clap and yell and say go sounders etc... She does like to watch for a bit, but we have to pick her up, or hold her as she stands on the seat. We are the 100 level where everyone stands the entire game. She generally does pretty well though. We also bring lots , I mean LOTS of snacks to keep her busy. (for kids you can bring in whatever you want) The good thing for us, is that we have a block of 7 seats so the kids can walk amongst us. (my niece and Nephew are there sometimes too) plus we know everyone around our seats and they all know the kids and will talk to them, entertain them etc... My B&SIL however are hit and miss with their kids who are older than A. (almost 6 and 4) sometimes my BIL has come alone with the 6 year old and has to leave at half time since nephew is complaining so much. While I would also go with Rye, now, since he doesn't fit in the Bjorn, there is NO way I would be able have him sit thru a game. No way. Audrey loves the games and gets so excited to go. I think DH will take her this Sat since the time is perfect.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Just a heads up - those games are dang loud.  I mean the people scream and use those stupid vevuzlas (sp?) the whole time, so if that is an issue for Ben I'd send him with some ear plugs.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    Yeah, I think Steve will just get pissed if Ben "ruins" it for him.  And Steve definitely needs some time off.  He's had a lot of crap going on at work and I go out for girls night a few times a month.  So I would rather he go and have fun and come back in a good mood.  :)

Why don't you go with him for a date Smile

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Options
    imageWatchPot:

imageSeattle_JiLLn:

Why don't you go with him for a date Smile

Because they frown on you leaving kids home alone.  :)  and we don't have anyone to watch them, especially trying to get them down for naps and all. 

• Options
    Honestly...if you have 2 tickets, all 4 of you can go. That is what we do! My B&SIL have 3 tix and they take all 3 of their kids. Technically it's 3 and under to get in free, but at the gate, they don't ask questions for 4 and 5 either. (that is what they said) Put Coop in the front pack, and go with Steve and Ben! If Ben needs to run, go up to the club level. It's warm, carpeted and still has a view of the game along with tables and chairs to sit at. GO!!!!! ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"