December 2010 Moms
Options

Progesterone shots..anyone else getting them?

I'm from the Jan boards and I know none of the girls there are getting them so I'll ask here :)

I'm being monitored by my Dr b/c my cervix is shorter then average....still tight and closed with no funneling but he's gonna monitor me to make sure it doesn't do that.  He gave me the option of progesterone shots to stop any contractions I might be having even though I don't feel any big ones.  I just got my first one today.

To those taking them, are there any side effects?  and why are you on them?  He told me it would reduce my risk of pre term labor if, it's pretty much being done as a precaution b/c with this being my first pregnancy he doesn't know what my body will decide to do.

Re: Progesterone shots..anyone else getting them?

• Options
    I've never had them, but my close friend had them throughout her 2nd pregnancy. Her first baby was born due to preterm labor at 33 weeks so they started them shortly after she was out of the first trimester. She got the shot every week I think. She didn't mention any side effects other than sometimes certain weeks she was more sore than others (they were always given in her butt cheek although they did switch sides from week to week).  Her 2nd baby made it to 35 weeks I think before he decided to come so the shots kept him in a little longer, but not by much. Thankfully both of her boys were healthy, just tiny and had to learn how to eat for a few weeks before being allowed to come home.  Hope this helps....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"