Trouble TTC
Options

Intro and questions on injectables

Hello,

My husband and I have being trying for a year. I finally got tested and found out my FSH level is 13 and I have low AMA. The Dr. suggsted I start injectables. We want to start this month right away but im trying to figure out the timeframe.

Day 3 of your period you start medication and than days 5-10 you have an ultra sound and blood tests? What happens after that? You figure out the day that you use your trigger when you have the day 5-10 day ultrasounds? After the trigger you have timed-intercourse and then what occurs?

Sorry If I sound stupid but Im reading the material the Dr. gave me and I still don't get it.

Thanks for all your help............... good luck to everyone on this crazy journey.

Live,Laugh and love image"image"image"imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Intro and questions on injectables

• Options
    I have yet to do the injectables, but for the pills I'm on those from days 3-7 and then usually on day 11-13 I go in for a follicle ultrasound.  From there a determination is made when I should schedule my IUI and when I would trigger myself for ovulation.  My RE has me doing Ovidrel for my trigger shot.  I do that 36 hours before my IUI.  I hope this helps somewhat~not sure if it will since it's not to do w/ injectables.  Good Luck!
    Anniversary TTC w/ PCOS since June 2008 IUI #1-4/28/10-BFN ~ month 2-5/31/10-BFN ~ IUI #2-6/28/10-BFN ~ had to take month off due to cyst. ~ IUI #3-8/29/10-BFN ~ Laparoscopy w/ D&C, hysteroscopy and tubal dye study-9/24/10 (everything is normal)~ 10/8-DX of unexplained infertility, taking rest of '10 off ~ Started Repronex 2/28/11
  • Options
    Ahhh...this whole thing is so confusing but I do appreciate your input.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You pretty much have it right. I will tell you my experience this month-

Day 3 I go to the doctor- have ultrasound and bw

Day 5-10 take injectables (follistim) and get ultrasounds and bw

Day 10 take last injection and ganarelix (to halt ovulation)

Day 11 trigger ovulation

Day 12-24 (2 ww)  take progesterone twice daily- call dr with results after poas day 24ish

Hope this helps. This is what I have done the last two cycles.

• Options

With injectable medications, they monitor your follicle growth pretty carefully.  They want to make sure you are responding appropriately and can adjust your dosage based on the u/s and b/w they do during cycle.  They also use this information to determine the trigger timing.  You can either do TI or IUI, but that is based on your and your RE's decision.

Good luck! 

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options

This info helps me alot. Thanks so much.

We are actually doing "timed intercourse" my insurance dosent cover IUI or IVF. Who would have thought it was so darn complicated........

Thanks ladies

• Options
    imagellcoolay:

We are actually doing "timed intercourse" my insurance dosent cover IUI or IVF. Who would have thought it was so darn complicated........

our insurance doesnt cover any fertility treatments...which i think adds to the emotional rollercoaster

also i should have mentioned that we had timed "relations" (as my RE calls is) when taking the follistim and all injections as well...everything is controlled when you take that route.

• Options
    imagellcoolay:

This info helps me alot. Thanks so much.

Thanks ladies

Yes this is the same for me...but we have some finance for at least one IUI. So good luck on your journey and hope all works out for you.

Cherish yesterday, Live today and always Dream for tomorrow!?
  • Options

Just figuring out what is covered under my insurance plan is  a major roller- coaster ride. My medications are only coverd 40 % and that still leaves us with a huge bill. We are responsible for 10% of the monitoring costs, BW and US bills but with a $750.00 max so thats not to bad.

I am just so anxious, excited and nervous to start these drugs. I am pretty bummed because I'll have to wait for two more cycles. My period is due around Oct 7th but we have a planned trip from Oct 23rd until Oct 30th. This trip was planned so long ago that we cant cancel it. (airfare, hotel Etc) Which means I will have to wait until I get my next period to start. Meanwhile Im waiting to find out exactly what Gonatropamin will cost the least so my Dr. can prescribe it to me and still have to take a class to learn how to inject it! Ugggg

• Options
    My situation is very similar to yours...high FSH, low AMH.  My RE has me come in on day 3 for b/w and u/s and then I start the injections that night.  I do injections for 4 nights, and go back in the morning of CD7.  From that point they will let me know if I need to come back in daily, every other day, etc. 
    Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"