1st Trimester
Options

Question on how far along...

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how everyone determined how far along you are.  My LMP was August 20th, which would mean 6 weeks tomorrow, however if you go according to my ovulation date and charting it's only 4 weeks and a few days.  I already called for my first OB appointment, it will be October 18th!!  Very excited!  The office want's you to be at 8 weeks, so based on LMP I will be, but not ovulation.  I just went with LMP because this is my first pregnancy and am excited for the first appointment!  What did you do?     

Re: Question on how far along...

• Options
    I originally used my LMP as I wasn't charting anymore, so no idea when I O'ed. Though my EDD has been updated via U/S. My LMP EDD was about 9 days off the baby's growth.
    Photobucket
    aCg 3.1.07 | hCr 5.5.11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just made my 1st apt too!  The doctors like to go by LMP until they can do an ultrasound and see exactly how far along you are.  They are saying I'm about 5 1/2 weeks because of my LMP, but I know I am really only 4 because I know when my hubby and I didn't use protection and it evens out at the time I was ovulating.  So for now I am suppose to be due May 30th, but I'm sure that will change after my u/s. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wasn't sure either, as this is my first pregnancy, but my OB used my LMP as well. 
  • Options
    My doctor's office goes by LMP for first appointment, so that would make my due date 5 days sooner than it actually is. Since I know that's not actually when it should be, I'll talk to them at my first appointment about how I charted and I know when I ovulated. It's a 5 day difference.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Ovulation

Why does your ticker say you are 0w0d pregnant??

• Options
    imagegymnst1013:

Ovulation

I was just making it and must have entered something wrong... it's correct now... i think!

• Options
    imagewannabymommy:
    imagegymnst1013:

Ovulation

I was just making it and must have entered something wrong... it's correct now... i think!

Yep, that's better :)  Cause 604 days to go is a looooonnng pregnancy.

• Options
    LMP - but - I actually have 28 day cycles with O around day 14, so LMP was fine for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Your Dr. will go off of LMP and then when you have an ultrasound they may adjust your date.
  • Options

my docs went by my O date.   All u/s's have matched that.

by LMP, I would be 19+ weeks.

just realize at your first appt, you wont really be 8w esp. if they do an u/s to measure - you will be measuring behind.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options

My doc has to go by early u/s because I am a PCOS patient...my cycles were still very crazy and my doc was so happy and surprised when she saw I was coming in for p/g test confirmation :)

My first appt. u/s is next week...I am having blood work before to make sure my levels are normal so that we can actually see something on the u/s!

I am so happy for you! H&H9!

• Options
    Yep LMP there are due date calculator online too, this is the one I used. https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"