3rd Trimester
Options

spotting at 26 weeks?

I've had no spotting whatsoever and then 2 days ago I had (tmi) a clot of blood when I wiped, followed by extremely light spotting, then none yesterday, then spotting today.

My OB office can't seem to think there's a reason for it but to have my urine tested for a bladder infection. I've no signs of one, but I guess I'll just have to wait on the results.

anyone else have something similar?

I know spotting can be common, but it makes me so nervous! I never had any with my first...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
violet (01.06.2011) & colt (09.27.08)
expecting surprise baby no.3 may 3rd

Re: spotting at 26 weeks?

• Options
    I had the same thing ---- second pregnancy and never had this with my first . . .  started at 27 weeks and *tmi* clots and light spotting.  I went to the dr and I did have a bladder infection but then took antibiotics and went back.  The dr said infection was gone but the next day the spotting started again.  another week went by with no signs of anymore blood and then it happened again.  the dr said if it isn't heavy not to worry.  of course I worry every time I go to the bathroom.  it has been about 2 weeks *knock on wood* since I have seen anything.   I am just taking it easy b/c that seemed to be the only thing they could come up with --- that I am doing too much.  Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.   
  • Options
    I had spotting last week along with some minor contractions so was admitted to the hospital for 24 hours. Sometimes the presence of blood can trigger contractions so just take it easy and drink lots of water!
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"