Parenting

This story out of Rutgers is so sad

The picture of that poor kid makes him look like such a baby :(His roommate and his friend are such aS$holes

Re: This story out of Rutgers is so sad

• i saw it on the today show today. It is horrible and his friend suck!
  • It is unbelievably depressing that some people suck as much as his roommate and that dumbass's friend.
  • Loading the player...
  • It is truly heartbreaking! :(
    Sisterly love--Sophia (1/14/07) and Baby Margaux (7/13/10) image Doctor in training! :)image
  • wow. I hadn't heard about this.  So horrible that he had to endure that, and then to think that was the only way to make the pain go away. 

• it's heartbreaking :(
  • Are you talking about the one where the young man was gay and his roomate and roomates friend set a webcam of him having sex with a boyfriend up and posted it on the internet and he killed himself?

If so those too should be prosocuted to the very max the law allows for that kind of thing. For that poor young man to think that the only way too deal was suicide and that nobody could help him was so sad.

• This has to be one of the most vile actions I have ever read about.  That poor boy was hurting so bad.  People still don't get how serious bullying can be.  I DO consider this bullying.
  • My heart is just broken for that poor boy and his family.  People can be so horrible. 
  • That was one of the worst stories I've heard in my entire life.  And I am so sad that they can't charge those a$$holes with his death since their actions did lead directly to it.  I hope they're charged with a hate crime since that's more serious than the current charges of invasion of privacy. 
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Absolutely heartbreaking. I can't even imagine what his parents must be going through.

Agreed, I hope those kids get the hate crime charge

DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAnakinsMommy:

Are you talking about the one where the young man was gay and his roomate and roomates friend set a webcam of him having sex with a boyfriend up and posted it on the internet and he killed himself?

If so those too should be prosocuted to the very max the law allows for that kind of thing. For that poor young man to think that the only way too deal was suicide and that nobody could help him was so sad.

Punished for violating privacy, maybe, but they didn't make him commit suicide. That was his own instability. Yes, it sucked, but he could have talked to someone instead of jumping. Sorry, no sympathy for suicide here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAnakinsMommy:

Are you talking about the one where the young man was gay and his roomate and roomates friend set a webcam of him having sex with a boyfriend up and posted it on the internet and he killed himself?

That's horrible.  I hadn't heard the whole story but read the chancellor's message @ Rutgers.  

I used to live in Harker Heights.  I graduated HS from close to there! Go Roos!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageluckyluvr:
    imageAnakinsMommy:

Punished for violating privacy, maybe, but they didn't make him commit suicide. That was his own instability. Yes, it sucked, but he could have talked to someone instead of jumping. Sorry, no sympathy for suicide here.

Perhaps your raising one of the insensitive A$$hats.  Go you.  I am sure that you will be really proud of your child because he "only threw stones"  and the poor person he threw them at just wasn't strong enough to take them.  

• imageluckyluvr:
    imageAnakinsMommy:

Wow, you're awesome.

• imageREOM:

Absolutely heartbreaking. I can't even imagine what his parents must be going through.

Agreed, I hope those kids get the hate crime charge

Same here! My heart hurts for him and his family
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageluckyluvr:
    imageAnakinsMommy:

Wasn't it your DH who had no empathy for homeless people?  I'm pretty sure that was you. Gross. I have sympathy for EVERYONE who is so sad, unstable, or whatever that they commit suicide.  What a terrible place to be in that you feel like death is your best option.  Your response here is gross, as is the behavior of this poor kid's roommate and his friend.  YUCK.

• imageJOEBunny:
    imageluckyluvr:
    imageAnakinsMommy:

Perhaps your raising one of the insensitive A$$hats.  Go you.  I am sure that you will be really proud of your child because he "only threw stones"  and the poor person he threw them at just wasn't strong enough to take them.  

JOE, I don't disagree with you.  Wow to the previous poster.  I am really  sorry this guy committed suicide, but I am more sorry that his roommate and friend are crappy people to film that and broadcast it all over the internet.  Assuming this guy wasn't openly gay in an often unaccepting nation, that little display by the idiot roommate could be seriously devastating.   

• imageluckyluvr:
    imageAnakinsMommy:

Well, aren't you just a compassionate human being. Go away.

• imageluckyluvr:
    imageAnakinsMommy:

Really?  No sympathy?  You honestly cannot put yourself in his shoes and imagine how that level of tormenting made him feel?  Instead of calling him unstable, you should first try to do that. 

And yes, wellfleet, your memory is correct.

I think its a horribly sad case.  I know they  are talking about sentencing it as a hate crime, but are doubtful they will be able to do that.  I feel so bad for his family. 

DS1 10-06 and DS2 9-08 and baby #3 EDD 9-05-12
    imageimage
  • imageluckyluvr:
    imageAnakinsMommy:

you're an ***. You and your husband are so awesome. Don't be so quick to judge, you never know if your family will ever be in the same situation someday.

Julian David 8/7/06 and Isabella Mia 5/14/09
  • imageluckyluvr:
    imageAnakinsMommy:

Yeah, wow. I have little doubt that had his roommate not been such an intolerant as$hat, Tyler Clementi would still be alive right now. Yes, ultimately it was his decision to take his own life and maybe he even had mental issues (or whatever) but his roommate's actions certainly were the catalyst for him to kill himself just days after his rights were violated so heinously.

Easy to not have any sympathy when you've never been in his shoes. While I hope that I would never make the decision that Tyler did, I certainly can understand what drove him to make it.

And I think this was clearly a hate crime. Whether they get convicted of that, I'm not sure. But I don't doubt for one second that they did this to him because he was gay which is the definition of a hate crime.

• oh luckyluvr, full of awesome, as always.

I feel horrible for that young man and his family.  I can't imagine how he must have felt with his privacy invaded like that and it's so sad that he thought his only alternative was to take his own life.

• imageluckyluvr:
    imageAnakinsMommy:

Wow, luckyluvr, your lack of compassion for people who are suffering so deeply that they are driven to take their own lives, combined with your husbands lack of compassion for people who are forced to live on the streets and beg for their suppers makes me very sad for your children.  The likelihood of them growing up to be kind, caring and compassionate people is very slim, unless they see your hard-heartedness for what it is and reject it as they grow up.  Here's hoping. 

• imagewellfleet04:
    imageluckyluvr:
    imageAnakinsMommy:

Wasn't it your DH who had no empathy for homeless people?  I'm pretty sure that was you. Gross. I have sympathy for EVERYONE who is so sad, unstable, or whatever that they commit suicide.  What a terrible place to be in that you feel like death is your best option.  Your response here is gross, as is the behavior of this poor kid's roommate and his friend.  YUCK.

Ding ding ding.    luckyluvr usually ventures on the twatwaffle side of conversation.    

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • imageluckyluvr:
    imageAnakinsMommy:

Whoa there, you won't carry an expensive handbag because you say you are empathetic to the poor, but you have no compassion for someone that was so horribly violated that it led to him taking his life?!? I seriously think you (and your homeless-person hating husband) may be crazy.

• imageluckyluvr:
    imageAnakinsMommy:

yes, it sucked. really? (and i do not believe i've ever come right out and called a person a name on here, but you are a tool.  a very simple basic tool.) 

so back to yes it sucked. do you mean the fact that he was a victim? or does it refer to his life? 

gheez. i hope your luck doesn't run out, because you'd be running on empty darling.

Patty Matt 4/7/05 and Sean 12/14/06 image
  • What a tragic story, and an amazing loss for his family - and other families in similar situations. I so hope this young man does not die in vain, rather may our tolerance for others grow (even those with whom we really, really, really disagree) and our ability to advocate for change strengthen. 

Ellen said it well:

https://ellen.warnerbros.com/2010/09/an_important_message_from_ellen_about_bullying_0930.php

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"