Pregnant after IF

PIO lump

What do you ladies do if you get a lump from your PIO shot?  I can feel a lump there and it is sore.  I've been rubbing it hoping that it dissolves into my system, but not sure what else to try.  This is the first time this has happened.
My IVF twins born at 33w6days by c-section due to twin A being IUGR Rylan born at 2:54pm weighing 2lb 8oz, 14.5 inches Emma born at 2:55pm weighing 5lb 5oz, 18 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PIO lump

• I used those stick on heating pad things they market for cramps.

The constant heat really helps dissipate the oil and decrease the soreness from the lumps.

• Thanks, I will try that when I get home!
    My IVF twins born at 33w6days by c-section due to twin A being IUGR Rylan born at 2:54pm weighing 2lb 8oz, 14.5 inches Emma born at 2:55pm weighing 5lb 5oz, 18 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a golfball-sized lump on each side of my bum and posted about it a week or so ago. Someone said that it was due to the muscle damage due to the nightly injections and that my lumps would likely not go away until I was off PIO and the muscle had time to heal. I've tried massaging the spots, but it only makes them hurt worse. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageroselln2:
    I have a golfball-sized lump on each side of my bum and posted about it a week or so ago. Someone said that it was due to the muscle damage due to the nightly injections and that my lumps would likely not go away until I was off PIO and the muscle had time to heal. I've tried massaging the spots, but it only makes them hurt worse. Good luck!

Thanks so much for responding.  I go to the RE tomorrow for an ultrasound, if it's still there I will definately mention that to the nurse.

• My tush was pretty lumpy and bruised for awhile....and still to this day almost hurts if pressed on certain spots.....although pretty much better now..but it does take awhile...althoughi  was on the injections until 11 weeks so i think there was some scar tissue involved..but yeah...good luck its not a fun thing
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • I had lumps for the PIO shots.  They went away after awhile with massage.  
    Dec '09 IVF #1 = Epic Fail Feb '10 FET #1 = Epic Success!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." - Henry David Thoreau
    formula-feeding, co-napping, sposie-using, baby-wearing, ap-ish mamma! Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I actually just got my first lump yesterday...DH accidently hit a vein! It feels like there is a golf ball in there! I've tried ice pads, heating pads and nothing has helped so far :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"