Cloth Diapering
Options

tea tree oil

I read a post where someone replied that tea tree oil is bad for babies, especially boys.  I was dabbing some on a washcloth and throwing it in the diaper pail.

Do you guys use tea tree oil? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: tea tree oil

• Options
    I use it. I have a girl, but I did find this wikipedia page. It was last updated Sept 23, 2010. It does mention a study where boys got gynecomastia while using TTO and Lavender Oil regularly, however I know Lavender Oil has been found to be a replacement for estrogen. So I would think it was the lavender that caused the gynecomastia, not the TTO.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

The "bad for boys" thing is based on a flawed study where the doctor examined only 1 family.

As far as using it, no, I don't.  It's extremely toxic to cats, and I'm just not going to take that chance with my animals.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepixy_stix:

The "bad for boys" thing is based on a flawed study where the doctor examined only 1 family.

As far as using it, no, I don't.  It's extremely toxic to cats, and I'm just not going to take that chance with my animals.

I wished I had looked into this prior to using it.  I have two cats! Their food and water is in the laundry room. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagepixy_stix:

thanks, didn't know that and was thinking about using it... I must remember to do more research before deciding on anything for sure...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"