Potty Training

not pooing

DS is doing pretty well with peeing on the potty, but my previously regular and easy pooer has become anxious and witholds. I don't think he's consitpated as such (they look perfectly normal when they do come out - not too hard or too soft - sorry for tmi!), but he just seems to go days on end without going, it causes him discomfort, and anxiety when it comes to pooing.

I've tried bribing him (2 chocolates if he poos on the potty), lots of praise, etc. He knows he shoudl poo on the potty, he made that connection very early on in PT. Friday we struggled on and off all day, and then for a good 30min of back and forth, until he sort of stressed, said poo on potty, but didn't want to sit down so I told him he could stand, and he went in his pants. Then we had a poo on the potty on Sunday, but nothing since.

I'm just at a loss as to how to convince him to try, so any suggestions will be VERY welcome!

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)

Re: not pooing

• I am in the same boat that you are in. Olivia is a pee pee pro lol and was going poop on the potty but as if last week she started going poop on herself. I also don't know what to do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS is having trouble here, too.  It's very normal.  I've been told it's a sensation thing- that it is very weird for them or even slightly scary/intimidating for their poo to drop in the potty.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"