Natural Birth
Options

Whats your favorite?

Whats your favorite cream, oil,  ect. to prevent stretch marks?

Re: Whats your favorite?

• Options
    I am of the mind that it's more about genetics rather than any cream you use. I didn't get any stretch marks with either pregnancy and only occasionally used just regular lotion. And by occasionally I mean maybe a couple times a month if even that.
  • Options
    I love slathering my belly in coconut body butter from The Body Shop - but I don't think it prevents stretch marks, it just feels good! I'm w/ pp - the best way to avoid stretch marks is just good genetic luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

tend to agree with PP, but i've been using Burts Bees Mama Balm - but its a bit too greasy for my taste

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Like pp said, stretch marks are genetic, but I do love slathering on the organic coconut oil:).
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Options
    I'm also in the camp of stretch marks = genetics and not topical treatments, but I do love Alba Organics Cocoa Butter body cream - I use it daily all over even not pregnant, and it soothes itchy, stretching belly skin.  It's very emollient and has a very mild scent and doesn't leave you feeling greasy at all.  I use it on my super-dry hands, too.
  • Options
    I use Burts Bees Lemon Vitamin E oil and have for many years just because I have itchy skin at night if I don't. So far no stretch marks, but I think that's just good genes.
  • Options
    I was a huge fan of the cocoa/shea butter from Melt (although the stuff that Target sells from Boots is great too), just to soothe the itching. It was very nice. I did still get stretch marks (once I measured overdue, darnit!) but at least I had a very well hydrated belly.
  • Options
    I think genetics play a bigger role. I just put some regular cream on my belly a few times while pregnant. Didn't get any stretchmarks but my mom didn't get any either with her singleton pregnancies.
  • Options
    Tried many, they all failed.  My belly is now ribbed for nobody's pleasure.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • Options

imageArmyQM:
    I am of the mind that it's more about genetics rather than any cream you use. I didn't get any stretch marks with either pregnancy and only occasionally used just regular lotion. And by occasionally I mean maybe a couple times a month if even that.

I agree.  I have plenty of stretch marks from years of rapid weight gain and weight loss, but pregnancy didn't add any.  I use cocoa butter as a regular lotion because I have very dry skin.

Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"