Natural Birth
Options

bummed - chiropractor

so i was all excited to be going to this local chiropractor that specializes in pregnancy - 90% of her patients are pregnant women.

well come to find out they don't take my insurance (BC/BS) and the out of pocket expense is too high for me....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bummed - chiropractor

• Options
  • Options

I didn't know there was a place that didn't take BCBS.  Boo.  :( 

Does your insurance regularly cover chiro?  Ours (BCBS, but they're all different) only covers traumatic care, which means most regular adjustments or pg appointments aren't covered anyway.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone who didn't take BCBS.  Crazy. 
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options

i know that's why i usually love BC/BS - everyone takes them!

and yes my plan does cover all chiro care - just this clinic (must be new) isnt a contracted provider :-(

• Options
    imageMrs. TLC:

and yes my plan does cover all chiro care - just this clinic (must be new) isnt a contracted provider :-(

Can you do out of network and get reimbursed?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

My chiro has been my lifeline in this pregnancy.  The only thing that gets rid of my daily migraines is a chiro adjustment to my sacrum and neck.  I have a very high deductible ($1200) so its like paying out of pocket each time I go, but some things in life are worth the expense.

Our pediatrician will also be out of network, as she has decided to drop her preferred provider status with all health insurance -- this too is something that is just too important to me to go to someone in network.  As PP said, you might be able to get out of network reimbursement if you have a POS, PPO or HMO Opt-Out plan?

• Options
    You can always submit your superbills from the visits to BC/BS and see what they'll reimburse.  We have BC/BS and are doing the same thing.  I know it depends on individual plans, but we're getting a good portion covered.  GL!

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Options
    My chiro (specializes in pg women too) is "out of network" for me (and I have Aetna whom everyone seems to take too!).  My insurance only covers like 40% (as opposed to the normal 80%) but when the office found out I was out of network and wanting to still come to them they offered me all sorts of discounts to make it more reasonable for me.  I would've paid anything for her anyway and she's FANTASTIC so I was pleasantly surprised that they up front took pity on me and my out-of-networkness.  They might be willing to work with you on lowering the fees, giving discounts and offering a payment plan when they know you are paying cash.
  • Options
    imagepepomntpat:
    imageMrs. TLC:

They said i could try but that i would have to pay out of pocket first and then try to get reimbursed. i just cant justify that much of an expense right now. the initial is $160 and each adjustment after the initial visit is $60.

• Options
    imageMrs. TLC:
    imagepepomntpat:
    imageMrs. TLC:

They said i could try but that i would have to pay out of pocket first and then try to get reimbursed. i just cant justify that much of an expense right now. the initial is $160 and each adjustment after the initial visit is $60.

Does the chiro offer any pre-payment discounts?  MIne is $110 for the initial, and $55 for each following appt.  But if I pay for 5 appts in advance, the price comes down to $45 each time.  So that saves $50.  Once our deductible is met (I think it's $500), then BC/BS covers 60% of each visit. 

GL and I hope something works out for you!

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"