2nd Trimester
Options

An actual flame worthy post.

I hate people who say that their pet(s) is going to be a big sister/brother once the baby arrives. I get that you love your little "furbaby," but it's still a cat/dog/snake, it's not a real child; so no, it's not going to be a big brother/sister.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: An actual flame worthy post.

• Options

I love my dogs more than I could ever love a human child.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Then you'd hate me.

But I am admittedly stupid for my dog. I love that little stinker to bits.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Seriously... people... we need some real flames!!

That is NOT flame worthy. 

I can't back you up on this one... that's TAME!!! 

It's lame that they say it, but it's not a flame post.  

• Options
    Next.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If my kid ever tries this I'll knock her ass off the couch for interrupting my nap.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

haha. I love my dog, but his life went to shiiit once my son was born.

I seriously dont think he got his 2 meals during some of those first few days with ds. Good thing he's smart enough to bring us his bowl to remind us or else we;d forget some days now.

hahaha.

I actually just told my dog today I was going to get his brother alex, when I left to pick up ds. hahaha. Guess I'm a loser too!

• Options

BOOOO on you

my baby will also have an "aunt bella" so there......

• Options
    LOL.  I agree but some people really really really love their animals to the point that they don't see them as pets but as family. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What if the baby is really ugly? Then the child would look more like the hamster or cockerpoo, thus making it a more likely relative than the actual parents.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Oh man before DD was born I used to say stuff like that all the time. I would get so mad when people would tell me that I wouldnt care about my dog anymore.

But you know what? I really dont care as much as I used to, in fact, most days I want to kill my dog because her barking wakes up the baby.

I do say stuff like "wheres your dog-sister?" as a joke but I definetly do not care as much about the dog anymore. Sad.

• Options
    My MIL calls her dog DH's "sister." And the dog will be the "aunt" to my baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Even Daisy did a ::headdesk:: on this one..

Or rather ::headcouch::

• Options
    I call my dog my first born.  Sorry!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ah, but I totally did that before DS #1 was born...I just had never been a mother to a BABY before, so I actually worried I wouldn't love my child as much as my dogs.  Of course, I love my boys with all my heart, but you just don't KNOW what it's like till you become a mother.  But I will say we still call our girl dogs the "fur sisters" to our boys, because they ARE a part of our family.
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options

Lol! You guys are cracking me up today.

I love my cat, Giselle. She's my lil Giselley-Belly. She sleeps with me every night and I've actually never referred to her as a big sister. My mom and dad's dog is my "sister" though.

I bet my cat will give our baby a dirty look if she/he cries or makes a loud noise. She does it to us if we sneeze really loud. Then she sighs really loud. It's funny.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

eh.  we say it to our cats.  I can't really imagine saying it to another person though.

We currently don't have children, so the cats are our babies.  I know the relationship will change once Aidan's born - but that just means that they'll be my fairly neglected babies.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options

Yeah, my dog is totally my baby.....look at that face and tell me you wouldn't love that like your own child!!

The dog is definitely family....the cat on the other hand is an evil dictator trapped in a cat's body plotting his revenge on us whenever he can possibly break free....so no, not so much a "brother" or "sister" for the baby....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"