2nd Trimester
Options

Husband Problems

Is anyone else's husband RUINING their pregnancy? Mine always says he's so happy and excited, yet things are running south in my marriage, and the only thing I can think of that's different is that I'm pregnant.

The sh*t really hit the fan last night (and this is terrible I know) when we got into a fight, and he said if I wasn't pregnant he would punch me in the face. I am not putting up with that kind of abuse and i asked him to leave the house. Of course he wouldn't go anywhere, and I ended up holing myself up in the bedroom and then going to bed. Now, this was by far the absolute worst thing to happen so far, but he is just really making it hard for me to relax and enjoy this. He started a fight with me at our 20 week u/s last week, and the one before that he refused to come with me, out of spite I guess because we were in yet ANOTHER argument. Oh and I've said this before on here, but we haven't had sex since this baby was conceived. It's really depressing. It's like I have nothing left for him. I feel awful when i think about this poor baby being born into such a crappy marriage. I don't think for one second that things will get better once the baby's born.

Sorry to unload this on you guys but I just needed to vent somewhere.

Re: Husband Problems

• Options

So he'll punch a woman in the face, but not a pregnant woman.

Real friggin' charmer, that one... 

Drop him like a bad habit.  And if he's trreating you that bad, not having sex with you and avoiding things with the baby, you might want to start checking his cell phone, email, and things of that sort. 

Sorry to say... but that's the truth.  

Also... if I didn't mention it already, he is a douche with abusive tendencies.  Leave him.  

• Options
    imageEmjay221:

Drop him like a bad habit.  And if he's trreating you that bad, not having sex with you and avoiding things with the baby, you might want to start checking his cell phone, email, and things of that sort. 

Also... if I didn't mention it already, he is a douche with abusive tendencies.  Leave him.  

YIKES.  Everything Emjay said.

Gunnar is my IVF miracle...after 4 years of TTC...Two cycles of IVF...Our little dude blessed us with his birth...I thank God everyday for him. Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm just a lurker here usually - but I couldn't help but reply to your message.  I'm so sad for you.  Could it be that this isn't really what he wants?  Are the fights the same type of fights you used to have or are they new?  Are they baby related/money related?  The extra stress can wear on a person.  It was smart for you to hole up in your room the rest of the night - but it might be good to get away for a little bit and get a breather from each other if you have somewhere else you can go spend a few nights. 

I feel so awful for you.  I hope things turn around for you quickly!!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    No, my husband has not been treating me badly, and certainly has not threatened violence against me.  I would recommend seeking counselling.  And soon... please do not wait until after the baby arrives.  Don't blame yourself, his issues are not your fault.  You have a right to enjoy your pregnancy, with a supportive husband by your side.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Options
    imagekatefres:

he said if I wasn't pregnant he would punch me in the face

Wow. He sounds like a treat. WTH was the fight about? Not that it really matters. I seriously think he needs some anger management classes ASAP. Especially if you are going to keep living with him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree with the PP.  I would suggest maybe marriage counseling if you really want to save the marriage.  It sucks fighting especially when you are pregnant.  I am sorry.  Hope things get better fast.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Has he ever actually hit you?  If so and you are still in the picture, you need to get the hell out! Even the mere treat of violence is WAY not ok. There are millions of men out there that would never even consider speaking to a woman like this, or even think of threatening violence. It is not normal, and no doubt a sign of worse things to come.

To be fair, I have no idea what you are like when you get pushed to the limit, so I can only hope you do not threaten violence either. Not that you implied that you would ro have, but this kind of fighting is juvenile at the very least, and more than likely, an omen of  a very dangerous future.

Photobucket
  • Options
    I would run, fast.  I wouldn't give him to opportunity to punch me when I wasn't pregnant.  Those are threats you take seriously. 
  • Options

imagemissesru:
    No, my husband has not been treating me badly, and certainly has not threatened violence against me.  I would recommend seeking counselling.  And soon... please do not wait until after the baby arrives.  Don't blame yourself, his issues are not your fault.  You have a right to enjoy your pregnancy, with a supportive husband by your side.

This.  And you need to leave if he won't - for your own safety.  Do you have family nearby that you can stay with - or friends?  Be safe!

• Options

Ah, the kicker... we're IN marriage counseling! We had an appointment last night, which he did not come to with me because he was mad (completely logical right?) I know he would never actually hit me, because god help his life if he ever raised a hand to me. It's really a matter of verbal abuse, which is not any better anyway.

The backstory is that we were both laid off about a year ago, and I worked freelance for a while and just recently got a really awesome job, while he seemed to have some kind emotional problems with it and decided he wanted to use his package to take some kind of vacation. Fast forward to now, he's still not working, has no sense of urgency about getting a job, and is now using this baby as an excuse to not work. Yesterday he told me he had a job interview and that he didn't want the job because he would never get to see the baby. I find that unacceptable and told him that. That was just what started this fight in particular. Nobody wants to read the whole novel of all my marital problems.

Bottom line is that he fights dirty and I find it pathetic and disgusting. Now I can't get him out of the house. I wish he would just leave.

• Options
    My ex told me "I've never wanted to hit a b!tch as much as I wanna hit you right now"... two weeks later he started throwing me around. Nip this in the bud NOW. I'm not saying he will, but it's gonna get harder to leave once he hits you and especially once the baby comes. Just take care of yourself and that baby. If you need to wait till after the baby comes to go through the stress of counseling then do that, but you can't be pregnant around someone threatening you like that. Please take care of yourself. T&P's go out to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagekatefres:

Ah, the kicker... we're IN marriage counseling! We had an appointment last night, which he did not come to with me because he was mad (completely logical right?) I know he would never actually hit me, because god help his life if he ever raised a hand to me. It's really a matter of verbal abuse, which is not any better anyway.

The backstory is that we were both laid off about a year ago, and I worked freelance for a while and just recently got a really awesome job, while he seemed to have some kind emotional problems with it and decided he wanted to use his package to take some kind of vacation. Fast forward to now, he's still not working, has no sense of urgency about getting a job, and is now using this baby as an excuse to not work. Yesterday he told me he had a job interview and that he didn't want the job because he would never get to see the baby. I find that unacceptable and told him that. That was just what started this fight in particular. Nobody wants to read the whole novel of all my marital problems.

Bottom line is that he fights dirty and I find it pathetic and disgusting. Now I can't get him out of the house. I wish he would just leave.

I'm so sorry but a lot of women have thought the very same thing and were unfortunately proven wrong. 

• Options

Did you mention the threat of violence to your counselor? I'd be curious to know what s/he thought of it.

Honestly, finding another place to stay would probably be best until you get further into your counseling. If he's threatening you and you don't feel safe, call the cops. I'm glad you feel he would never hit you, but it sounds like he's changed from when you married him, so you never know.

And I'm sorry. No one should have to go through this.

• Options
    imageEmjay221:

Hell hath frozen over. I agree with Emjay. Dude's a loser and a baby is going to make it worse. Get help with him, or get out.

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options

You guys are all right, there's no excuse for him threatening me. The saddest part is that he did it, among other things, and he can't take it back. I'm not one to sit around coming up with reasons why I should stay in something that's clearly not working, and a terrible situation. I hate facing the fact that my husband is a giant douche and that this may not work out.

Last night my I called my parents and ended up talking to my dad for a while. It was so heartbreaking to think that my baby might not grow up with the same parental support that I had - my parents are still together and my dad is the best dad ever. My child (NO child really) doesn't deserve any less than that. My dad just texted me earlier and said he was going over my house to talk to my husband, so we'll see where that goes.

• Options
    imagekatefres:

You guys are all right, there's no excuse for him threatening me. The saddest part is that he did it, among other things, and he can't take it back. I'm not one to sit around coming up with reasons why I should stay in something that's clearly not working, and a terrible situation. I hate facing the fact that my husband is a giant douche and that this may not work out.

Last night my I called my parents and ended up talking to my dad for a while. It was so heartbreaking to think that my baby might not grow up with the same parental support that I had - my parents are still together and my dad is the best dad ever. My child (NO child really) doesn't deserve any less than that. My dad just texted me earlier and said he was going over my house to talk to my husband, so we'll see where that goes.

It's sounds like you're a smart person and able to see what you need to do for the safety of both you and your baby.

I hate to quote Dr. Phil... but he's right when he says children would rather be from a broken home than live in one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Options
    imagekatefres:

I will be praying for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagekatefres:
    It was so heartbreaking to think that my baby might not grow up with the same parental support that I had - my parents are still together and my dad is the best dad ever. My child (NO child really) doesn't deserve any less than that.

It sounds likeyour dad is a great guy. Now - since it seems that your husband isn't anything like your dad, your kids already don't have the environment you were hoping they would. Change is scary, but it seems as if it would be scarier to stay put, hon.

Photobucket
  • Options
    imageEmjay221:

THIS!

The first thing that came into my head was checking his phone. There might be a reason for the distancing and the fighting especially if he is avoiding something as important as the US.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

He sounds depressed. You need to take care of yourself and your baby first, but since you are always going to have some kind of relationship to him, encouraging him to get to counseling might help.

It also sounds like he genuinely wants a relationship with your child. Perhaps that can be good motivation for him to get some help and motivation to get a job as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mabey you should stay with your parents for awhile if its possible. did your DH say anything to you at all today about what he said or did he ignore you? its really great that your dad is going to talk to your dh for you,
  • Options

I usually just lurk since I'm still in first tri but felt like I needed to comment.

I agree with everyone here. I was in a 10 year relationship with someone and we always had immature fights, he would say he wanted to punch me, etc. and I thought he never would actually be able to do it. Things got worse and we fought more and more. He was distant, no sex, etc. so I did what friends suggested and checked his e-mail and started snooping around. Turns out he was cheating on me, big surprise! Before I was able to confront him about it we got in a heated argument about something else and he did get violent, smacked me in the face, pushed me on the bed and held me there by my neck, basically choking me. I was terrified. This is someone I knew since I was 7yrs old and never thought that would happen but it did. Thank God I wasn't pregnant. I immediately got out of that relationship and although I didn't have to go through a divorce, leaving someone I'd been best friends with for almost 20 years and was engaged to was hard but needed to be done and I've never regretted it.

Anyway, that's just my experience, but I'd say he is probably screwing around like PP said and you need to get out before something more serious happens, because it most likely will and you deserve better. Sucks that he will always be a part of your life no matter what but maybe you leaving will help straighten him out for your child's sake.

Funny Friendship Ecard: The doctor said I needed to start drinking more wine. Also, I'm calling myself 'the doctor' now.   Funny Confession Ecard: I have a constant internal battle about whether to be classy or give zero fucks.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageEmjay221:

word.  i can't imagine being friends, let alone married to, a fuckwad like that.  since when is it okay to say some of that *** to anyone, much less your wife?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OP - are you ok today?
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"