June 2011 Moms
Options

First Doctor visit.

Mine is at 8 weeks on October 20th. I am so anxious.

When is everyone else going? Is 8 weeks the norm? I heard 6 from somone else...

Re: First Doctor visit.

• Options
    First appt is Oct 12th.  I'll be 6wk5d at that point.  But I don't believe I'll be doing anything but paperwork and family history type of stuff.  Maybe another pee test or blood test.  They said at that appt we would schedule our first ultrasound.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    Same day as you, but I'll be 7w.  Norm is 6-8 weeks for my doc's office.  I think it just depends on your OB
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first appointment is next Monday, but that is a personal choice for DH and I. We told the doctor we needed an appointment right away.
  • Options
    My app will be october 7th i'll be 6w 1 day,, i can't wait
  • Options
    My first U/S is on October 15th.  My first actual OB visit (for paperwork, additional bloodwork, etc) isn't until October 29th, however.   The U/S is first because they want to monitor the cyst on my ovary, and I'll just happen to be 7 weeks along, so they figured it'd be a good chance to check on the baby too.
  • Options

Mine is October 19th, I'll be 7w 3d.  My dr. said he wanted to see me around 7 weeks because that is when you'll be able to see something on the ultra sound and actually hear the heart beat.  

I'm really not sure how I'm going to stand waiting that long :) 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options

My first appointment is at 7w6d. It seems like anywhere from 6 - 10 weeks is normal.

I can't wait!! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebecrp2010:
    My first appointment is next Monday, but that is a personal choice for DH and I. We told the doctor we needed an appointment right away.

Just curious why you needed an appointment right away?

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    I don't even have an appt with an OB yet. I can't wait to make one! Right now, my gyno (who is not an OB) sent me for bloodwork. I did my 1st round yesterday and got my results today (betas are 211). Then I go on Friday, and I should get my results on Monday. How am I going to wait until Monday?? I guess after the b//w results, I'll make an appt with the OB.
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Between 10 and 12 weeks.  Our birth center tour is 8w6d, and we schedule 1st appt after that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    We'll always remember our angel baby: BFP 9/24/10, M/C 10/23/10 8w4d
  • Options
    8 weeks (Oct 22)...it'll be the whole deal...u/s; paperwork; bloodwork etc...it feels soooo far away!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options
    Mine is 10/22. My OB office said she schedules first appt during 8-10 wks.  So I got right in at 8.  I'm too excited to wait much longer than that.
  • Options
    I called for an appointment, and they are getting me in next Friday. I'm not sure what they are going to do, I will be 6 weeks then. I thought it was kind of early to have the appt, but I'm not complaining.
  • Options
    My doc does 8 weeks but they were booked so I have to wait until Nov. 1st. I think I'll be 9w1d. I'll be beyond ready for it after I start hearing about everyone else's first appt. and hearing heartbeats and that sort of thing. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up a packet of info and a list of questions I can answer ahead of time so hubby doesn't have to miss as much work. So excited!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options
    My first appointment is October 22nd which feels like an eternity! I'll be 7w4d.
  • Options
    I am impatient so I called them to get in earlier! Now it will be at 7 weeks. Oct 13th.
  • Options
    Mine is just before yours! 10/19. I'll be just under 8 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is 7.5 weeks for paperwork and such and schedule the first u/s then. I don't believe we will be hearing the heartbeat then either.
    ~ Life is good - count your blessings! ~
  • Options

imagegators1215:
    Mine is 7.5 weeks for paperwork and such and schedule the first u/s then. I don't believe we will be hearing the heartbeat then either.

Same here - mine is on 10/20 as, well, but I was told no heartbeat or u/s until 10-12 weeks. They're just going to 'confirm' the pregnancy and do some education at 7ish weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagecvl105:
    But I don't believe I'll be doing anything but paperwork and family history type of stuff.  Maybe another pee test or blood test.

This. My appointment is 10/13, and I'll be 6w4d. I didn't ask DH to come because it didn't sound like it will be very exciting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"