Parenting

Photographers

This is a repost from the other day, I did not get a lot of answers.

I posted last week that we had family pictures taken on August 7th. I have seen a sneak peak on her website, but no disk, or even online proofs. I e-mailed her and she said she was so sorry, but really busy and would e-mail me when the disk was in the mail and the proofs were up. I am irritated beyond belief.

First of all she did not give me a date. I know it is my fault that I did not sigh a contract, and I also know she is super busy with a waiting list, but i want my freaking pictures.

WWYD now? Should I e-mail and ask for a specific date? Wait a couple weeks then e-mail?

Re: Photographers

• Definitely email for a specific date.  A month to 6 weeks is often standard but you're well beyond that now. 
  • I know I am being a brat, but she has posted 4 new newborn shoots on her facebook this weeek. It totally makes me mad to see them, I have no idea why she is still taking so many clients if she is so backed up and busy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would be very upset if it took 2months to get my pictures, not even pictures but the proofs.

I would call her and tell her you NEED them for your mom's bday or something like that.

• Have you paid her? If so, ask her for some or all of the money back since she hasn't given you any pictures. If you still owe her money, tell her you are cancelling your order and won't be paying her.

Almost 2 months for proofs is ridiculous.

• I had DD's taken Sept 9 when I was in Seattle & I just got them on Monday & I was e-mailing her asking where they were.  She did tell me they would be at my house before I got home so I emailed her 3 times to find out where they were. LOL

So to answer your question I would call her not e-mail & find out what is happening that is not acceptable.

• Well, I've already given you my opinion, but I will add this...to not even see the proofs is unacceptable to me.  Didn't you say last time that you have already paid for the session as well as the disk?  I would get on the phone with her and let her know that you are really disappointed that you have seen nothing but a a couple sneak peeks to even prove that she is working on the images that you paid for.  And I would definitely ask her to commit to a specific date that you can expect to have the finished product in your hand.

I can't believe you are asking about this again.  Not against you, but against her.  That is awful.

• Also, does her website say anything about a timeline for proofs?  On my website, I give a general description of how a session goes, and I do state that after your session you will get your proofs in an online gallery within two weeks.  I know a lot of other photogs do this, so I'm just wondering if there is something on there that you could use as an argument with her.
  • She really does not sound very professional. Is she just starting out? Did she possibly give you some type of deal to where she thinks she does not need to move so quickly with you?

I would call, not email.

• I would CALL her and ask for a very specific date on when you would have the CD. I would not pay a thing until it was in hand.  Sorry but its been almost 2 months and you don't even have proofs yet.  I would ask for a discount as well.  WIth my professional guy, I do an in person session to get my proofs and that is always within a week of when we take the pics and then once I place the order, I have my pics back within a few weeks.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Thanks Joseys sorry I am asking this again too.

There is nothing on her site, and yes I have already paid for both the sesion fee and CD ($400), I am beginning to think that the sneak peak might be the only good shots she got (4 good ones), and that is why it is taking so long. I tried calling her a couple of day ago, but she did not return my calls. I will e-mail her and ask for a specific date. Thanks ladies hopefully this is my last post about this.

• Don't email. I would call again. If she doesn't answer, leave a message asking for the specific date. Tell her that you would like a refund (in the full amount) if she cannot deliver by a certain date.
  • I'm sorry she is such a pain, and if I were you, I would totally worry, too.  Her not having a contract is a red flag to me, plus the $400 for a session and cd is fairly inexpensive.  Is her business fairly new?  I just wonder what is going on here.

I vaguely remember you posting the sneak peek here.

• imagejoseysbride:

I'm sorry she is such a pain, and if I were you, I would totally worry, too.  Her not having a contract is a red flag to me, plus the $400 for a session and cd is fairly inexpensive.  Is her business fairly new?  I just wonder what is going on here.

PMd you!

• imageAndrewsgal:
    imagejoseysbride:

I'm sorry she is such a pain, and if I were you, I would totally worry, too.  Her not having a contract is a red flag to me, plus the $400 for a session and cd is fairly inexpensive.  Is her business fairly new?  I just wonder what is going on here.

PMd you!

pm back!

• Is it reasonable to contact Better Business Bureau?

ETA:  Probably not since you didn't sign a contract, huh?

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • This is not acceptable. Hopefully you can get a date out of her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a photographer and I have five to ten shoots up with in 24 hours and the full disk done within a week.  Always!  Now, I only book four sessions a week because I know what I can handle.....but this is ABSURD!   As far as there may be only four good shots....she may think that but all the time shots that are not my favorite, (or that I even think are very good) are the ones the parents LOVE!  In other words, she may  not post more because she does not love them.  Call asap.  Hassle her until she is done, if she is on Facebook, write on her wall everyday until you get you pics.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"