TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Come In Clomid Users and Abusers (plus: The Plan)

So, long story short: midway through testing we have found a morphology issue w/ DH (count and motility both good). Other than my moderately irregular cycles, I'm looking okay so far (though I haven't had the HSG yet). My RE called me last night and gave me the news, along with her recommendation that we try IUI. And since I was CD 5 yesterday, that meant a serious scramble to get some Clomid in me by noon today because I am not fooling around and wasting time here, b!tches! And I popped that first pill this morning!

So, those of you who have taken Clomid: When did you notice side-effects, if you had any? I want to know when to expect the crippling headaches, cysts, boob sweats, and personality derangement that are apparently required for the production of (cross fingers) twins.

BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

Re: Come In Clomid Users and Abusers (plus: The Plan)

• Never used Clomid, but I am so excited for you!  I can't wait to chat with the "personality deranged"  triple_sevens. Wink
  • ::crosses everything::

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Clomid gave me hot flashes, cramps, sore boobs, terrible nightmares an dry CM.

I hope this works for you good luck!!

• I only took 50mg for one cycle...& warned my entire workplace about it in anticipation of severe derangement.  But I really didn't have side effects at all.  Maybe a little warmer than usual, maybe a little more bewb tenderness.  Not bad.  I think higher doses tend to cause more side effects, though (but I'm guessing they started you on 50mg if this is your first round).   

So psyched that you were able to get your plan in gear pronto!  GL!!!  :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I took 50mg one cycle and actually felt great on it.  It made me totally wired though, tons of energy.  I was cleaning my house like a mad woman, which is totally not like me.  It thinned my lining pretty bad though so I won't be taking it again. 
  • I didn't really have hot flashes, per se, on Clomid, but I stayed pretty hot all the time.  I also had trouble sleeping.  The first round I tried it they did find cysts when I went back on CD3, but birth control got rid of them.

GOOD LUCK!

• I took 50mg for one cycle and 100mg for two cycles. When I was on 50 I had no side effects. When I was on 100 the worst side effect I had was hot flashes. I was hot all the time. I guess I was a little moody too but not too much. I had a little bit of cramping around O time but No headaches or other side effects.

I am actually a big fan of clomid. Taking it has seemed to have jump started my body into ovulating on my own again. I am going to be taking it again on CD5 as soon as AF gets here. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like pp had hot flashes- mostly at night so I ended up sleeping the basement because it was too hot in my bedroom. And I didn't have the mood issues until the end of my cycle! Good luck to you!! I will say I'd do it all again if it meant I could get pregnant.
  • I had some hot flashes and I also had trouble sleeping, but only for a couple of nights right after I began taking it. I'm so glad you have a plan!

BFP 12/18/2009. HB 1/4/2010. NO HB 1/18/2010. D&C 1/19/2010
    April 2011 IUI #1 BFN. High FSH and other issues.
    May 2011 Chose to build our family through adoption
    September 2011 Actively waiting for a match
    11/26/11 Surprise BFP * DD born 7/23/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I only had fatigue a bit more than normal. Only did one cycle of it though, then switched to Femara. Similar.

YAY for a plan!

m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • What dose are you on?  I took 100mg 3 times and didn't really feel the side effects the first round.  I had a headache and only mild hotflashes.  I hope the clomid and the IUI give you those twins!  Good luck!
  • Hi Robin!!! Thanks for chiming in!

I'm on 100mg (don't know why. Will ask my RE when I see her on Monday for my HSG).

I'm a little scared, to be honest, but glad I'm being monitored. And it will be nice to have a shorter cycle. (And twins! Please God, gimme the twins!)

BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• I only used Clomid once (my lining didn't care for it).  I had really minor side effects, most especially moodiness & an overwhelming desire to cry for no reason, that I think started around the last pill (so about cd9).

Good luck to you!  Fingers crossed that this is all you need!  :0)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"