Baby Showers
Options

Wasn't worried, now I am.

I was on the phone with my mom and had asked if she saw the pics I sent her of a friends house (friend had offered her huge family room for my shower if they wanted). She said that they were "going in a different direction because if we have it there, she has to take all the furniture out of the room". It is a huge room, something like 20x40 and all she has is a couch, chaise lounge, love seat & a couple end tables. I'm not a fan of surprises so I know when my shower is, but I don't know anything else. I was fine with that until she said previous statement. Now I can't help but wonder what the heck they're planning. Would this statement concern anyone else?

Re: Wasn't worried, now I am.

• Options

Maybe she is just really protective of her furniture and doesn't want people eating and drinking on it?

Or who knows, maybe you're jell-o wrestling or sculpting life size models or something. I'd be intrigued. :)

EPing resource blog: http://pumpingmoms.blogspot.com We want you to contribute your story!
  • Options
    No.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Let them plan whatever they want to plan, and hopefully they know you well enough to know what you would find totally offensive/uncomfortable.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJDoe11111:

Maybe she is just really protective of her furniture and doesn't want people eating and drinking on it?

Or who knows, maybe you're jell-o wrestling or sculpting life size models or something. I'd be intrigued. :)

It's my mom that said my friend would have to remove her furniture. My friend doesn't care if people eat or drink on it.

That's what worries me!

• Options
    No, that was MY answer when my SIL offered her house for my shower. I think it's more of a vision, if she'd prefer to put in tables for people to sit in and her to put the centerpieces she's already having made, for example, she'd need the space for it... It's easier to carry through a vision in an empty room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I think it all depends on who's planning/hosting the shower. Although I have some input about my shower, I would totally trust my mom to do it on my own since she did such an excellent job with my bridal shower (along with my younger sister) which was a surprise.

Three angel babies...I think it's time for a change
  • Options
    She probably just meant that there are more guests invited than would comfortably fit on the furniture in the room. To fit the amount of ppl, they might have to rent tables & chairs to use in your friend's house. Around here, we can usually rent a community room somewhere for the price of renting tables & chairs, so your mom might have just meant they're now planning to use a space that'll be easier to set up, with tables & chairs provided. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
  • Options
    I tend to agree with melnericp;roper.  I would just ask where they are planning to have it.  If it is not a surprise then I wouldn't think she would care if you asked.  It's not like you are dictating to her where the venue is...you're just giving suggestions.  I think maybe she doesn't want the work (or ask your friend) to remove furniture and then have to set up tables and chairs. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"