February 2011 Moms
Options

My dreams are creeping me out

So, my dreams since I've been pregnant are usually pretty out there, but this one was totally disturbing.  I dreamt that my DH and I went back to the house I used to own with my ex, which is halfway across the country.  My ex still lives there in real life.  His new girlfriend was outside (who I met once, before my ex and I broke up) and she came up to us and was totally friendly, giving me a hug and totally excited to meet my DH.  I said to her, "Did you hear I'm pregnant?" and she said "Oh congratulations! Me too!" (Now things get weird.)  She said, "But there's something wrong with my baby.  It's face is misshapen and it's body isn't developing properly.  But we will love it anyway.  I guess that's what happens when you don't know you're pregnant for awhile and you do cocaine."  So, this is crazy enough, but the really disturbing part is that I felt almost HAPPY and somehow SATISFIED in my dream that my ex was having a child with problems.  Almost like, it serves him right.  I am totally going to hell.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My dreams are creeping me out

• Options

I won't repeat what I dreamt last night, but I'm right there with you! Babycenter.com actually "warned" of dreams of exes and of DH's cheating. It had something to do with hormones, but it's driving me crazy too!

The article actually mentioned remembering more of our dreams since we're waking up more times during the night. I have to attest to that advice too.

Fortunately I wake up to the best DH ever, but these dreams are just twisted, twisted, twisted!

• Options
    My dreams have been crazy and vivid since i got pregnant too, but last night I dreamed that these guys were chasing me and trying to kill me. The leader pulled out his knife and threw it at me. I watched it come towards me and was able to dodge it but then he pulled out his gun and I took of running trying to figure out if I had enough time to get around the building before he pulled the trigger and the bullet got to me. I woke up before anything happened but my heart rate skyrocketed right then. I remember thinking, "I've got to get this heartrate down. This isn't good for the baby!!!" Thankfully I was able to get it back down pretty quickly. Then I rolled over and realized that my DH hadn't come to bed yet and about freaked out! I sent him a text message and he came right up. He was so sweet! I think he's going to ban the practice of watching old seasons of Bones on Netflix from now on. Hehe. :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My dreams have been beyond whacko.  I was dreaming that my "baby" got delivered to me (like a delivery man came and dropped it off) and the baby was nearly 6 months old and looked exactly like all the portraits I've seen of my little sister.  Not only that but me, my brother, sister and parents were at the house I grew up in when it was delivered.  Then no one would leave the room and wanted to watch me try to learn to breast feed and I was screaming at everyone to get out. (everyone being my dad - who i'm not close to, my mom - who divorced my dad six years ago, my brother - who is 29 but was 17ish in my dream & my sister- who is 28 but was 16ish in my my dream) i finally maneuvered to the third floor after yelling at all of them about how they were making me stumble with a baby upstairs for privacy.  By the time I sat down and started to nurse the "baby" had turned into a huge fluffy cat and I didn't seemed very shocked by this for some reason.  I was breast feeding a frikkin CAT that I thought was my baby! 

How's that for whacked out?!  Yikes.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageJazzyMom2B:

By the time I sat down and started to nurse the "baby" had turned into a huge fluffy cat and I didn't seemed very shocked by this for some reason.  I was breast feeding a frikkin CAT that I thought was my baby! 

Seriously laughing out loud reading this!!  That is HILARIOUS!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Whoa, craziness with the breastfeeding dreams! I had a dream that we had the baby, everything was fine, and I was trying to learn to breastfeed. His latch wasn't so great and they needed to take him to weigh him. When they brought him back he was like 5 years old and the nurses still expected me to nurse him. I said no and they started yelling at me and saying what a horrible mom I was. Weird...

OP That is quite strange, but I guess that *is* what would probably happen if she did cocaine, so at least it was accurate-ish ;) 

• Options

Yeah.  I hear ya on the wacky dreams.  Mine started pretty early on in pregnancy, went away for awhile, and are now back in full force.  The other night I dreamed that I had my baby, but then she turned into part of a gate?  Oookay.

imageBabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a pg nightmare the other night so freaky I dont even want to describe it to DH. I don't think it's the first time I've dreamed it because in the dream I acknowledged that the freaky thing happening wasn't something new for me. I think my chihuahua cozying up to my tummy instigated it because in the dream I was holding a teeny baby to my lower belly that was covered in black fur. Thankfully the fur fell off quickly and the baby looked normal. I never used to remember my dreams so vividly remembering it is freaking me out more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"