Attachment Parenting
Options

soymilk okay?

I've switched to adding a bit soymilk to thin food out for my 8mo old in lieu of breast milk. He really likes it, is it ok or am I better off with water?( I can't spare the BM anymore)

Re: soymilk okay?

• Options

I would think it's okay. But you might read up on the soy thing. I know a lot of new research is coming out on why even organic soy is so much better because of the whole genetically modified thing. I would think it would be better than plain water though. I was going to suggest almond milk, but your LO isn't a year yet. There's rice milk too. I don't know much on that though. I always used water bc I didn't have enough BM. Wish I had thought of soy!

GL!

• Options
    I would not do it. First, soy has estrogenic properties and there are numerous studies on its relation to the onset of early puberty in children as well as breast tissue growth in boys. Also, about 90% of U.S. soy is genetically modified. I would try water, almond, rice or hemp milk or even a bit of organic formula before soy milk.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagec4162:
    I would not do it. First, soy has estrogenic properties and there are numerous studies on its relation to the onset of early puberty in children as well as breast tissue growth in boys. Also, about 90% of U.S. soy is genetically modified. I would try water, almond, rice or hemp milk or even a bit of organic formula before soy milk.

This. It's not good for any babies really (soy is an aggressive allergen), but it's particularly not good for males (due to estrogen overload).

• Options
    No. Give it to the LO as if you were letting them have juice. It's not ok to use as a replacement for BM/Formula or homo milk (ok to use as a replacement for formula once they are a year).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm talking about about a teaspoon mixed in. always organic. I was wondering more about the sugar content. My baby food recipe recommended tofu, so I thought soymilk was acceptable. I will check out rice/hemp milk. ty.
  • Options
    I'm on the side that it's completely fine in moderation.  DD has had soy since she was about 8 or 9mos old and drinks soymilk daily.  I make sure it's the organic, but it's nothing to be afraid of unless you're intaking a LOT.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"