Nurseries and Baby Gear

storkcraft reviews

Been looking all around for furniture and without spending a fortune my only options are Walmart, Target, and a BRU (30 miles). Not sure what color we are going to do but wondered if anyone had anything super positive or negative to say about this particular brand. went back a few pages and couldn't find any similar posts. its sold at walmart and BRU if that helps.

here is a link to the one at wally world: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Storkcraft-Tuscany-4-in-1-Crib-Oak/11154500

Neil and Kristin 7-26-2008 image. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: storkcraft reviews

• We bought this crib, even though all I could find were mixed reviews on Storkcraft.  The Baby Bargains book didn't have anything really good to say but I assume that may have something to do with Storkcraft major recall on drop side cribs.  Maybe that tainted the whole company?

Anyways, I saw this crib set up in our local walmart and it seemed really sturdy and looks great.  We bought it in espresso and love the color!  A friend of mine has been using this crib for a while now and they are very happy with it.  The only complaint they had was that the wood seems to dent easily, I guess it's fairly soft.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • sorry, can't speak from personal experience, but i do know there was a big recall of storkcraft drop side cribs:

https://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10046.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My sister has a storkcraft crib and likes it (It was recalled but properly repaired). I got my fixed-side storkcraft crib, change table, and dresser from Sears and I think they're nice. Good quality for the price. Not top-shelf, but baby furniture is fairly temporary.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got this crib in espresso and absolutely love it! We got the bundle from walmart that had the matching combo changing table. It's nice and sturdy, the only gripe I would say is that according to DH, the directions are awful and it was a PITA to put together... but oh well you only do that once!

As far as Storkcraft as a brand, I have nothing but good things to say. My parents got a Storkcraft crib for me when I was a baby, then used it for my sister 9 years later, and that is the crib that we are using for DS1. It is still in excellent, sturdy condition and has never been recalled. I think that says something!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thanks ladies, that makes me feel better and yes only fixed side cribs for us. it can be very overwhelming the first time around and its great to be able to come here and get advice. Thanks again.
  • I have no review for this, but it's one of the cribs we were looking at.  If you're looking to buy soon, Babies R' Us has it on sale for $149.99.  So I suggest looking there Smile
  • hmmm, I was just on there and I still see the 219.99 price. Do you know where you saw that? the closest one to me is about 45 minutes away and thought about making the trip if its really on sale but BRU website said the tuscany was only available online. guess I can always call the store tonight and ask. thanks for the fyi
  • We bought this crib and DH just put it together yesterday! We got it for $169.00 on Amazon with free shipping. Took DH an hour to set up. The espresso is gorgeous and it is super sturdy. We love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"