D.C. Area Babies
Options

DH just doesn't get it sometimes...

...it's been a long week...every day there has been some set of dramas/misadventures...and today continued the trend.  Half way to the metro I realized that the pump was not in the car (bound to happen eventually, right?).  DH usually brings it out with the other bags, but sometimes I have it and apparently today was one of those days he assumed I had it.  I was supposed to meet a colleague for coffee early, so DH was going to drop me off at the metro before taking the girls to their day cares...instead I did all the drop offs, frantically emailed my colleague apologizing for the missed meeting and went back home to get the pump.  We left the house at 7:15, I made it to work at 9:30.  When I first realized that the pump wasn't in the car, DH says, "can't you just go a day without pumping?" Um....that would be a NO.

Sigh.  They just don't get it sometimes, do they?

Re: DH just doesn't get it sometimes...

• Options

Go a day without pumping.... that makes me want to Crying - could you imagine?

Sigh.  It's true.  They have NO idea what full boobs feel like, much less all the other trials and tribulations of pumping.  Anyone who hasn't pumped just does not have any earthly clue.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options

LOL-ing at "go a day without pumping". Sure, DH, why not? I was an EP-er for 11 months...and the one or two occasions I forgot my pump I was in tears!

If men could only experience what we experience, just for one day...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried to make DH understand how it felt to go too long between pumpings.  I believe I compared it to a distinctly male condition that I believe the commercial says to go to the doctor for after four hours.  I said, imagine all day having that feeling...in two body parts, not just one...now you have an inkling of an idea what it feels like.
  • Options
    haha. that sounds like something my DH would say...I was an EP'er for 6 months and there is no way i could skip a day!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"