Austin Babies
Options

PSA: Restaurant.com certificates for $1

Details here:

Today, September 30, only, you can purchase a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate for just $1!  Visit Restaurant.com to see the more than 80 Austin area restaurants that accept these certificates and choose where you'd like to dine.  The gift certificates never expire and stay in your account online until you are ready to print them.  Use code WOW to get 90% off and purchase your certificates for just $1 today.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: PSA: Restaurant.com certificates for $1

• Options
    And usually exclude alcohol
  • Options
    Yeah, I hate that too.  But, it's still a good deal -- only $1 for the certificate, then you basically can go to a nice place and get 2 entrees, an appetizer, etc.  My husband and I have used a few of these and can usually get a really good meal for about $30 including appetizer, entree, and wine.  Yes, we pay out of pocket for some of it, but without the certificate we'd be paying closer to $50-60 for the same meal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So if the minimum purchase is $35 and your certificate is $25 then you only pay $10....right? Or is the rule that you spend $35 and then your check would have to be $60 in order to take advantage of the full value? I am confused.
  • Options

imagemichelleaxo:
    So if the minimum purchase is $35 and your certificate is $25 then you only pay $10....right?

Yep. We use these certificates all the time!

• Options
    images-a-r-a-h:

imagemichelleaxo:
    So if the minimum purchase is $35 and your certificate is $25 then you only pay $10....right?

OMG your siggy is adorable!

• Options
    images-a-r-a-h:

imagemichelleaxo:

Exactly.  You will end up paying the $10 plus tip, plus any alcohol you buy. 

• Options

imagemichelleaxo:
    So if the minimum purchase is $35 and your certificate is $25 then you only pay $10....right? Or is the rule that you spend $35 and then your check would have to be $60 in order to take advantage of the full value? I am confused.

SIGH.

You are such a pretty girl.

• Options

We have bought some in the past and don't really plan on buying more.  Still have some to use up in fact.

We sure do get a LOT more food than usual, but end up spending just as much as always since we end up overspending in order to get to the proper amount (ie: the $35 w/o alcohol), and since most seem to include an 18% tip. 

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Options
    imageL*L*CG:

imagemichelleaxo:

SIGH.

You are such a pretty girl.

HAHA

• Options

There's a restaurant on there called Bella Sera my H and I get the certificates for and eat at a lot.  They do 1/2 price apps during happy hour, so we go and get a few apps and then an entree each which gives us a ton of leftovers.  Food usually comes out to almost $35 exactly, so the bill comes out to $42ish with tip then subtract the $25 for the certicate = $17 and with the leftovers it ends up being 2 dinners.  For us (since I'm a craptastic cook) that's a pretty good deal.  But I've given up on buying any other certificates from there because we don't use them and then they go to waste.

• Options
    imagemichelleaxo:
    images-a-r-a-h:

imagemichelleaxo:

OMG your siggy is adorable!

Awww, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"