North Dakota Babies
Options

July mommies

I'm pretty sure that I ended up having the last July baby and she's 9 weeks today.  That means I'm 75% done my maternity leave.  Crying  When does everyone have to go back to work?  I realize that a bunch of you will be SAHM so no need to rub it in!  Wink

Re: July mommies

• Options
    Here we get twelve months. Since dh took two months I go back may 15
    A & T Since 2009 Parents of A born July 2010
  • Options
    I go back on Tuesday, & I'm nearly hysterical about it.  I had NO IDEA that it would be this hard.  I mean, I knew it would be hard, but it's unreal how much harder it is than I anticipated.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

T- that's amazing!  If you don't mind me asking, how much of that time is paid?

D- I feel your pain.  Even though mine is still 3 weeks away, I'm stressed out about it already.  I'm not really worried about her because my mom will be with her for the most part, but I feel like I'm going to come home and my mom is going to tell me about a milestone that I missed because I was at work.  I do hate that Bri's mom will be here one day a week with her, too.  Also, I can't figure out how I'm going to get everything done in a day when I'm working full time and taking care of an infant.  I guess the reality is that most people in this country do it, so I'm just going to have to learn how to do it, too.

• Options

I have 2 weeks left. :-( I go back the day after Columbus Day.

It definitely came too fast. 

• Options
    I get about 55% of my wage. Dh company topped him up a bit while he was off
    A & T Since 2009 Parents of A born July 2010
  • Options
    imagenatalee215:

T- that's amazing!  If you don't mind me asking, how much of that time is paid?

D- I feel your pain.  Even though mine is still 3 weeks away, I'm stressed out about it already.  I'm not really worried about her because my mom will be with her for the most part, but I feel like I'm going to come home and my mom is going to tell me about a milestone that I missed because I was at work.  I do hate that Bri's mom will be here one day a week with her, too.  Also, I can't figure out how I'm going to get everything done in a day when I'm working full time and taking care of an infant.  I guess the reality is that most people in this country do it, so I'm just going to have to learn how to do it, too.

These are all of my feelings exactly. I have this fear that the day will come that Reese will call my mom, "mom" because she spends more time with her. I'm only working 4 days (& I'm starting with 2-3 until Nov), so that helps. It's still awful though. And, yeah, I have NO idea how I'm going to balance everything. Luckily, I have a wonderful DH who really does split housework/laundry/cooking pretty 50/50. Ok, 40/60, but it's close. Although, I've pretty much given him a free pass the entire time I've been on maternity leave, so he better get back in gear next week. Lol
  • Options

As a former nanny, let me just tell you, the babies NEVER forget who their Mamas are! Their face will light up when you walk into the room and it will be the best feeling in the world after a long day of work.

That look that the babies give their parents was a BIG reason we decided to TTC last year, I couldn't wait for someone to look at ME like that. :) 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Options
    imageBlondeBeachBride08:

As a former nanny, let me just tell you, the babies NEVER forget who their Mamas are! Their face will light up when you walk into the room and it will be the best feeling in the world after a long day of work.

That look that the babies give their parents was a BIG reason we decided to TTC last year, I couldn't wait for someone to look at ME like that. :) 

Thanks, Morgan!  I just teared up!

• Options
    imagenatalee215:
    imageBlondeBeachBride08:

Thanks, Morgan!  I just teared up!

Ditto!  You made me feel a little better. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"