Health & Exercise
Options

What motivates you?

I've been working out again for only 3 weeks (running every morning) & I've gotten into a slump.  I'm not bored with what I'm doing... I just don't feel like doing it.  I need ways and reasons to stay motivated so I don't quit.

What keeps you motivated?

Re: What motivates you?

• Options

Have you thought about entering in a race?  I don't know how "serious" you are with your running but a 5k doesn't have to be tough, you can run it for fun, and it's a-mazing to feel the hype of the other runners and to have a supportive crowd watching! Sometimes you get some great swag for your efforts, too!  

I always push myself harder and feel more gratified after working out when I have a race scheduled for sometime in the future. Working toward a goal feels good. 

• Options

I agree with the pp about entering a race.  It keeps you motivated when there's a goal in mind and the energy at a race is a great reward.  Even if you're not fast, there are all kinds of people that enter races.  That was the part that always intimidated me until I got into it. 

I have 2 races that I have coming up in the next couple weeks.  That is what is lighting a fire under my ass to make me train harder.  If I didn't have those,  I think I would rather be slacking inside.  Smile

As far as motivation after these races are done, I focus on my racing for next year.  I tend to be somewhat competitve though, and this is what helps me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Races are a good option. It gives you something to push for BUT some people aren't into races.

For me the motivation is that I know that I always feel amazing after my work out and if I don't work out I feel bummed and I always regret it.

I never regret working out! It's always worth it!

• Options
    I agree with pp about a race.  I register for a race and then go on www.runnersworld.com and use the Smart Coach to create a personalized training plan and put it on the fridge. 
  • Options
    I'm more of a visual person.  I look at photos from my wedding and honeymoon - best shape of my life!  I'm going through the same workout that got me that body so I like seeing what I'm working towards
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Skinny jeans are my motivaton to keep it off-- they look so cute tucked into boots or with ballet flats, but NOT with a huge gut roll hanging over the top...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"