3rd Trimester
Options

Anyone else at least 2cm dilated/50% effaced?

Just got back from my first internal-- wasn't too bad.  Anyone else been in this state for a while?  Just wondering, because I feel like a lot of people walk around like this for a few more weeks, but all the mom's at work think it's almost time...  Just started to get a little excited-- bring me back down to earth please.

(also-- my ticker is "late case scenario, so I'm technically past 37 weeks)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else at least 2cm dilated/50% effaced?

• Options

I got my first check at 35 weeks, and I was already 2cm/50%. At my 37 week check, I was 3cm. I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow, and still no baby.

• Options
    My first internal at 39 weeks, had me at 2 cm / 60 %... went to hospital for contractions and after an hour there was no change from the 2 cm / 80 % I went in at so I got sent home. Havent had any serious contractions since, apparently the ones I had been having all morning were not strong enough to improve dilation. They said to wait for ones that are so strong I have to stop whatever I am doing to breathe through them.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's exactly what I am 2cm 50% effaced. No baby yet.
  • Options

I'm the same! 39wks 1 day, just had an internal today to find this out, last week I was closed & 0% effaced. I had about 24hrs of what I thought to be false labor but apparently it did do SOMETHING which is reassuring! Did your OB do anything while he was checking? Mine did a little stretch & sweep so I am hoping that keeps things moving along. This is my first so I am trying not to be too excited but its pretty hard not to :)

Lots of walking & maybe some sex !!! Lets keep things moving!

• Options
    I've been 2cm dilated and 80% effaced (and Baby is reeeeeally low down) for a couple weeks now and I'm 40 weeks today. I haven't felt any painful contractions as of yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekatemcgT:

I'm the same! 39wks 1 day, just had an internal today to find this out, last week I was closed & 0% effaced. I had about 24hrs of what I thought to be false labor but apparently it did do SOMETHING which is reassuring! Did your OB do anything while he was checking? Mine did a little stretch & sweep so I am hoping that keeps things moving along. This is my first so I am trying not to be too excited but its pretty hard not to :)

Lots of walking & maybe some sex !!! Lets keep things moving!

He just did a quick check-- prob would have done more if I were closer to my EDD (Oct 16).  For now he just suggested activity as normal since what I was already doing seemed to be doing the trick :)

I also had some more uncomfortable contractions that woke me up this morning at 2am-- nothing timeable, just getting things ready!

Good luck to you ladies-- thanks for the feedback :D

• Options

imagejenwoodhouse:
    I've been 2cm dilated and 80% effaced (and Baby is reeeeeally low down) for a couple weeks now and I'm 40 weeks today. I haven't felt any painful contractions as of yet.

Good luck progressing and happy due date :D:D

Love your siggy pic!

• Options
    I am 4cm 50% and no baby yet.
    2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"