Single Parents

Um, really DB?! Vent

We have a FOC date set for next month, but obviously right now there is nothing set up for custody. I've been letting DB take DD for FIVE hours every morning and have all day Sunday with her. That's a LOT of time. Quite frankly, I think two of the mornings are going to have to stop because I'm missing out on time with her. I digress... My cousin is having a bridal shower this Sunday. I was thinking, for some reason, that it was Saturday. when I realized my error, I called DB to let him know, and tell him that even though it's a Sunday, I'd like to take DD to the shower. She was explicitly invited, my cousin, her son DD's age and her brand new baby that we haven't met yet will be there, etc. I want her to go. What does DB do? Gets all bent out of shape that I'm "taking her from him" on "his" day.

WTF?! He's getting more awake time with her right now than I am because of school. He has GOT to be kidding. He eventually said yes (not that it would have mattered, I would've just not let him take her at all on Sunday if he'd said no), but then went into this thing about how it's not fair, and blah blah blah. And then about how he "worked hisass off" to "fix us" so that we weren't "splitting" her, but I just wouldn't listen to reason, etc, etc, etc. 

I am FED up. My request was not at all unreasonable, especially considering the amount of time he gets to spend with her each week and the fact that he sees her daily. He is so ridiculous. I'd prefer to just keep her all day Sunday, but I know he'll throw a fit. So now he'll take her in the morning, bring her back for her nap and the shower, and then come get her for dinner. I wish he wouldn't have to come back and get her. It's just complicating her day and making it so that if my family decides to go to my Grandma's for dinner or something with all of the out-of-towners in town, DD can't be a part of it.

/vent

Re: Um, really DB?! Vent

• You've got to get something set, in writing about visitation.  That does seem like an awful lot of time, especially since she is still so young.  I would talk to your lawyer and see if you can get something set up, even if it's temporary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"