Indiana Babies

bad mommy

The good thing about having a cabinet that I normally don't let Andrew play in, is that if I just need 15 selfish minutes, I'll pretend I don't know he's in the cabinet and let him go to town.  (It's just tupperware)

Embarrassed 

Re: bad mommy

• I was going to post something similar.  Jake has just now gotten a little interested in Elmo on TV.  I was delighted the other day when he sat and watched it for 15 minutes while I made dinner. I'm pretty sure that puts me on the bad mommy list!
  • You ladies are too hard on yourselves - sounds like pure genius to me!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemanda429:
    I was going to post something similar.  Jake has just now gotten a little interested in Elmo on TV.  I was delighted the other day when he sat and watched it for 15 minutes while I made dinner. I'm pretty sure that puts me on the bad mommy list!

I was trying EVERYthing the other day (when we were both miserable) to try to get Andrew interested in watching TV.  Did not work!!! doh!

• imageSweetTea*83:
    You ladies are too hard on yourselves - sounds like pure genius to me!

This exactly!!

• imagelemen99:

imagemanda429:
    I was going to post something similar.  Jake has just now gotten a little interested in Elmo on TV.  I was delighted the other day when he sat and watched it for 15 minutes while I made dinner. I'm pretty sure that puts me on the bad mommy list!

I was trying EVERYthing the other day (when we were both miserable) to try to get Andrew interested in watching TV.  Did not work!!! doh!

I turned on Glee last night right before night night time.  He wasn't interested until the inappropriate Britney dancing scene came on.  Then he was mesmorized. 

• I must be especially bad! I let my 5 month old watch tv (and she loves it) when I'm trying to get ready to go somewhere. We even have a DVD player in the car that I play so she (yes, our 5 month old) doesn't scream the entire drive in the car.
    This is coming from someone who didn't plan to let our child watch tv until she was 2.

I plan to baby-proof all but one cabinet when it comes time. I'm putting tupperware in it! lol. We grew up being allowed to play with tupperware and pots and pans. I don't see any problem with it :)

I get the worst mommy award!

• imageblondbomber23:

I must be especially bad! I let my 5 month old watch tv (and she loves it) when I'm trying to get ready to go somewhere. We even have a DVD player in the car that I play so she (yes, our 5 month old) doesn't scream the entire drive in the car.
    This is coming from someone who didn't plan to let our child watch tv until she was 2.

I plan to baby-proof all but one cabinet when it comes time. I'm putting tupperware in it! lol. We grew up being allowed to play with tupperware and pots and pans. I don't see any problem with it :)

I get the worst mommy award!

The tupperware drawer is key.  It's a pain to clean up, but a life saver.  Jake likes to stack to the cups and lids now, so it's educational.

I also hide toys in my desk drawer for him to find and play with to entertain him.

I don't really feel bad about Jake watching TV.  I'm disappointed it doesn't work as well for us as it does for others! 

• We have all of our cabinets baby proofed except for one for that exact reason.  Right now, there's a plastic cutting board and a big plastic serving bowl in his toy box and I have no intention of moving them until I need 15 minutes of me time.  At which time he will be so excited to try to get said items back out of the cabinet that it will take him a solid 15 minutes to accomplish.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageblondbomber23:

There's nothing wrong with it, I'm just too lazy to clean it up :) He can trash our entire kitchen in like 2 seconds b/c it's the drawer with the teeny size tupperware :) It just annoys me, so I don't generally let him in :) 

We don't have any cabinet locks though, except for under the sink (chemicals), so he certainly gets in stuff.. :) 

• imagegizmo909:
    We have all of our cabinets baby proofed except for one for that exact reason.  Right now, there's a plastic cutting board and a big plastic serving bowl in his toy box and I have no intention of moving them until I need 15 minutes of me time.  At which time he will be so excited to try to get said items back out of the cabinet that it will take him a solid 15 minutes to accomplish.  

lol!

• Evie plays in this cabinet in our house daily.  I discovered last night she LOVES the solo plastic cups she likes to unstack and stack them.  it kept her occupied for a good 20 minutes.
    Deleted
  • imagesarahann1941:
    Evie plays in this cabinet in our house daily.  I discovered last night she LOVES the solo plastic cups she likes to unstack and stack them.  it kept her occupied for a good 20 minutes.

oh good call - I'll go get ours out of our closet! haha

• I think playing in the cabinets and indepedent play is a great thing!  Olivia loves to pull everything out and sort it, then put everything back in.  And hey, if it keeps her occupied while I make dinner, all the better.

• imagefruitcakes:

I think playing in the cabinets and indepedent play is a great thing!  Olivia loves to pull everything out and sort it, then put everything back in.  And hey, if it keeps her occupied while I make dinner, all the better.

ohhh if he put everything back in, that'd be great!  He doesn't get that concept yet :)

• imagelemen99:
    imagefruitcakes:

I think playing in the cabinets and indepedent play is a great thing!  Olivia loves to pull everything out and sort it, then put everything back in.  And hey, if it keeps her occupied while I make dinner, all the better.

ohhh if he put everything back in, that'd be great!  He doesn't get that concept yet :)

She just throws them back in...I suspect that I need to give up the quest for perfectly organized tupperware cabinets until she's out of this phase.  Everynight I have to go back in and rearrange.  Smile

• imagefruitcakes:
    imagelemen99:
    imagefruitcakes:

She just throws them back in...I suspect that I need to give up the quest for perfectly organized tupperware cabinets until she's out of this phase.  Everynight I have to go back in and rearrange.  Smile

lol!  I'm not OCD at all about that - I put them back in however I can shove them in haha.  I've tried to show him to put things in cabinets but he only wants to throw them out.  Then, once they are out, he continues to throw them across the kitchen. lol.

• Jocelyn loves to play with the tupperware and Solo cups too. Our problem is that I'll forget she's had them on the floor and put some leftovers in a container only to later discover that there was a bunch of dog hair in it. Gross. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagemarleysmom:
    Jocelyn loves to play with the tupperware and Solo cups too. Our problem is that I'll forget she's had them on the floor and put some leftovers in a container only to later discover that there was a bunch of dog hair in it. Gross. 

Sadly this exact thing has happened to us more than once.  

Deleted
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"