Working Moms
Options

Housekeeper pay

Hello

MY LO just turned 7 months and I work FT, while recently being promoted which has been great but tough becuase the workload is so much more demanding. Taking the advice of many of you on here, I decided to look for a housekeeper to assist with cleaning.  I was thinking every other week.  The rate I was quoted is 109.00 every 2 weeks. 

For those of you who use a housekeeper....is it worth it?  Do you think every other week is enough? Does the rate seem reasonable?

Thanks for all your help!

Re: Housekeeper pay

• Options
    For me it is sooooo worth it and I'm not even back at work yet! I work about 50 hours a week with 2 hours of commute time. Working those hours I just decided that I didn't want to spend the weekend cleaning when I can be with DD. We have the housecleaner come every other week. The first time of the month she does a deep clean and the second time she just hits the parts of the house we use most (kitchen, bathrooms, etc). She is $30 an hour which is a little pricey for my area but she's great and I trust her in the house when I'm not here. Sooo worth it - I say sign up :)
  • Options
    It's absolutely worth it. We pay $60 each time and our person comes every 2 weeks. She's super nice but really doesn't do the most awesome job ever. I don't even care. She's dependable, reasonable, and nice, and at least someone does the basics every two weeks. I don't know when we would EVER vacuum, dust, do floors, etc. w/out her.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My house keeper is a life saver. With the little time I have with DD, I don't want to spend it cleaning. There is nothing like the feeling of walking home to a clean home. She is worth her weight in gold.

As far as cost, it depends on what you are having done. Every region has different prices, but for a high COL area I pay $60 every 2 weeks for a 1200 sq foot home, one bathroom, 2 bedrooms. She washes the sheets and washes the hard wood floors every other week. She does a deep clean of the bath and kitchen, dusts and vacuums every time.

We got different quotes from different cleaners. The one we picked was highly recommended by friends. She came in with a quote over what we could afford, so we knocked the sheets and floors back to every other cleaning (once a month), which brought her within our budget. HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
  • Options
    We have someone come once a month for $90 (1220 sf/2 bedrooms/2.5 baths in a HCOL area).  It would be $80 each time if we did it every two weeks.  I think it's so worth it for all of the big things - vaccuming, washing the floors, scrubbing showers, etc.  She will also do things like clean out the fridge or the oven if we make a special request.  After we have the baby we might consider doing it every other week but right now once a month seems fine to us.
  • Options
    I pay $75/visit, and she comes twice a month. I live in a 4000 sq ft, although she doesn't clean every room (we have 5 bdrms). Definitely WORTH every penny. We still clean between her visit, so twice a month is enough for us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

worth EVERY penny. It keeps me calm, sane, and saves seveal hours a week that I can spend wiht LO rather than cleaning. 

I pay $75 a cleaning, and she comes weekly. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"